upright freezer
LOML just HAD to have a side by side unit several years ago(when moving into current house. Then she found out side by sides SUCK!!!!!!!!! 

Now, we have a 23 cu.ft. upright freezer(food service supplied), so our need for a kitchen freezer is basically ice cream, ice, and part packages of whatever. 

I convinced her to get a French door with center sliding drawer crisper and bottom sliding door freezer. More room in the fridge section than in the old side by side and better space for organizing.

Now, when that upright is full, there are items behind items. That makes it difficult to remember where to find items and inconvenient to get to some. Still MUCH easier than a chest type!!!!!!
(11-11-2020, 11:26 AM)K. L McReynolds Wrote: LOML just HAD to have a side by side unit several years ago(when moving into current house. Then she found out side by sides SUCK!!!!!!!!! 

Now, we have a 23 cu.ft. upright freezer(food service supplied), so our need for a kitchen freezer is basically ice cream, ice, and part packages of whatever. 

I convinced her to get a French door with center sliding drawer crisper and bottom sliding door freezer. More room in the fridge section than in the old side by side and better space for organizing.

Now, when that upright is full, there are items behind items. That makes it difficult to remember where to find items and inconvenient to get to some. Still MUCH easier than a chest type!!!!!!

That's exactly why I hate french door fridges. Way too much useless fridge space. If they would flip it and make the fridge side the smaller side it would be perfect. Regardless of the fridge type I keep wanting to build an 18" platform for the fridge. They like everything else are designed for short people...

But a real freezer is really the best way to go. And you can get a commercial one for far less than you think if you check your local restaraunt supplys. Same with how cheap commercial stoves are but no one has a 1" gas line for their stove...