Need water spigot for plastic bin
I used a through hull fitting to put drains in a couple of rain barrels.  They are easy to come by here being a fishing town on the coast, but you could likely find them on the 'net.  They come in different sizes, but I bought one with standard pipe threads and threaded a valve on one of them.  The other I used had a barbed fitting and I fastened a short length of hose to it that I lift above the water level of the barrel to keep it from draining until it's nearly full.  

Amazon has a bunch to choose from -
https://www.amazon.com/thru-hull-fitting...+for+boats

I used a polypro one.
(11-12-2020, 06:42 PM)Phil S. Wrote:   The other I used had a barbed fitting and I fastened a short length of hose to it that I lift above the water level of the barrel to keep it from draining until it's nearly full. 

That's a great idea.  Then no need for a fussy stopcock or plug.  Then the hose can just be lowered to a bucket or drain and the water let out.
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”