Need water spigot for plastic bin
Daughter in law wants a "sensory table" for the two grandsons.   One part of that setup is a large plastic bin, like the ones that slide under a bed, to be filled with water for them to play in.  The issue is how to drain it.  I can visualize drilling a hole in the bottom (or side) and inserting a type of tap/spigot that is held in place by rubber gaskets on both ends.   My problem comes from "visualizing" the device and actually finding it.

Any ideas, insights or locations to find such a device?
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”
I would look for clear plastic hose and barbed fittings at your local big box or plumbing supply, along with some silicone caulk/gasket materials. Keep it light and simple.
I think you are looking for a bulkhead fitting to go through the tub. then some sort of shut off for the drain.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Open to another suggestion? What about a boat drain plug? You might have to make the sidewall of the bin a little thicker, but maybe drilling a hole the right size would let you use a boat plug.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Just tell your daughter in law to buy the biggest cooler YETI makes. It will hold water and come with a drain.

I'll second the bulkhead route. Two jam nuts and rubber washers and you're in business.

But what about just emptying it with a 1 gallon pitcher?
not sure what kind of bed you sleep in/on...but...I am more than sure that a medium Yeti, let alone a large one will not fit...too big a tub could prove to be a safety concern, not just for the kids...
I quickly took a look at sensory tables on YT, and while I didn't see any with drains, I do like your thought process...
I have been known to overthink things, but this might be a better application for the KISS principle...
You can probably find it locally at a home brewing shop or Amazon if you can wait a couple days.
Here are several I’ve used for just that purpose:
Link
Link
Link
Ahhh!   "Bulkhead Fitting" was the magic phrase that pays.   I see lots of options there.
Thanks.
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”
Brings back fond memories.  My father made several of these when we were kids (back in the 60’s), but they were just call play boxes back then.  It was basically a picnic table with a 2x6 edge around the top to hold sand – an elevated sand box.  Mom loved it because we weren’t sitting on the ground getting dirty, plus it could be moved and didn’t kill the grass.  Ours was fairly elaborate with a canopy on top (that kept the sun off our little heads) that could also be unscrewed and lowered to be used as a cover during the winter months.

At some point my father knew a sheet metal guy who bent him an oil drip tray which he covered with something like Plasti Dip so half the table top was sand, half water.  Lots of fun times and it survived three generations of kids.

I’ve made several configurations of this over the years.  The last one was an “elevated dog spa” with a spill sump like this and permeable pavers so the dog could have some “pool” time and then drip dry on the turf/paver platform so it wasn’t laying on the ground.