Dado blades for a Sawstop
I sent back my dado set to the manufacture and was charged to open it up and sharpen and it still doesn't fit on a Sawstop ICS. 

Measure the arbor as .6248" and the holes in the blade as .6237" Are any brands better?

Have a metal lathe and at this point I might was see if I can hold figure a way to hold the blades without damaging them to enlarge the holes. Any ideas on that?

Thanks,
Rich
"Have a very small amount of things to work with." Henri Cartier-Bresson
Does Sawstop not have a standard sized arbor?  My Freud set fits my Unisaw with no issues.
My Freud SD508 fits my SS PCS just fine.  Tolerances are fairly close, but it goes on and comes back off just fine.

The math on 5/8" equals .625".  Based on your measurements, the saw is not the issue.

What brand dado stack do you have?
(11-11-2020, 06:13 PM)WxMan Wrote: I have a Freud box joint set and it barely fits. Almost had to use the nut to get it over a tiny hump. The Freud I thought measured .6257".

Used the same micrometer but I'm going to check it to make sure it's dialed in, but the relative sizes should be close. I know someone with a pin gage set so I might stop by him and check all the holes with that to be sure since I was using one of those telescoping hole gages which take a bit of touch.

Rich
"Have a very small amount of things to work with." Henri Cartier-Bresson
Just curious.  I have had problems with the shims falling into the grooves on the arbor making it difficult to get things together tight.  Could that be your issue?
(11-11-2020, 05:17 PM)richtes Wrote: I sent back my dado set to the manufacture and was charged to open it up and sharpen and it still doesn't fit on a Sawstop ICS. 

Measure the arbor as .6248" and the holes in the blade as .6237" Are any brands better?

Have a metal lathe and at this point I might was see if I can hold figure a way to hold the blades without damaging them to enlarge the holes. Any ideas on that?

Thanks,
Rich
I use the same blades on my SawStop as I used on my Craftsman 22124. That includes Freud, Oshlun, and Mibro dado and box joint blades.
See ya later,
Bill
I have an 8" Forrest Dado King. it fits my SawStop ICS just fine.
I'm also running a Forrest Dado King in my PCS. And I can assure you the dado cartridge will fire and stop the Dado King if you forget a staple...
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
I use a Freud SD508 on mine with no problems, I also have a CMT dado set that fits just fine. The suggestion above about the shims might be worth checking.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Have to admit that the issue stavs highlighted with the shims is about the only issue I have with the dado stack.

Will add, though, that I wish the arbor was a bit longer for wider capacity of my dado stack.