Dado blades for a Sawstop
No issue here with the Freud/PCS combo either. The shims are tight, especially the thinnest ones are a pain to install/remove.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I've got the SD208 and have used it without any problems on my SawStop. However, I tried to upgrade to the Freud SD508 and was told by SawStop technical services not to use that model. The SD508 uses 4 bladed chippers whereas the SD208 uses only 2 blades per chipper. The added mass of the 4 blades could bend the saw's arbor if the brake goes off. Too bad, I was looking forward to even smoother cuts!
(11-16-2020, 04:42 PM)dg152 Wrote: I've got the SD208 and have used it without any problems on my SawStop.  However, I tried to upgrade to the Freud SD508 and was told by SawStop technical services not to use that model.  The SD508 uses 4 bladed chippers whereas the SD208 uses only 2 blades per chipper.  The added mass of the 4 blades could bend the saw's arbor if the brake goes off.  Too bad, I was looking forward to even smoother cuts!

I've heard that regarding the Infinity set (Dadonator) because it has 6 tooth chippers, but this is the first time I've heard it about 4 tooth chipper sets.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I run a SawStop ICS. Regarding ado sets as well as blades, SawStop does not recommend or advise using any dado set or blade that has any anti-kick teeth or depth of cut limiting shoulder design.

According to SawStop, while the brake will still function with anti-kick back/depth limiting blades, such blades could prevent the brake from stopping the blades as fast as blades without the anti-kick back design/teeth. 

This topic is frequently discussed on the facebook SawStop page.a nd the moderator whop is a SawStop tech posted list of "SawStop approved" dado sets -- scroll down to "8" dado stacks" at:

https://www.trentdavis.net/wp/2018/08/06...ado-stacks-

From the SawStop FAQ page: https://www.sawstop.com/support/faqs

"Further, blades with depth-limiting shoulders may take longer to stop in the event of an accident than standard blades, and you could receive a more serious injury. Therefore, SawStop recommends using blades without depth-limiting shoulders.

"SawStop recommends only using 8” stacked dado sets, with a maximum thickness of 13/16”. “Wobble” dado sets are not recommended, as they may not engage correctly with the dado brake cartridge. Do not use dado sets with solid-plate interior chippers or blades with molding heads, as neither brake cartridge is designed to stop those blade types."
(11-20-2020, 03:02 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: I run a SawStop ICS. Regarding ado sets as well as blades, SawStop does not recommend or advise using any dado set or blade that has any anti-kick teeth or depth ofI  cut limiting shoulder design.

According to SawStop, while the brake will still function with anti-kick back/depth limiting blades, such blades could prevent the brake from stopping the blades as fast as blades wdddddddithout the anti-kick back design/teeth. 

This topic is frequently discussed on the facebook SawStop page.a nd the moderator whop is a SawStop tech posted list of "SawStop approved" dado sets -- scroll down to "8" dado stacks" at:

https://www.trentdavis.net/wp/2018/08/06...ado-stacks-

From the SawStop FAQ page: https://www.sawstop.com/support/faqs

"Further, blades with depth-limiting shoulders may take longer to stop in the event of an accident than standard blades, and you could receive a more serious injury. Therefore, SawStop recommends using blades without depth-limiting shoulders.

"SawStop recommends only using 8” stacked dado sets, with a maximum thickness of 13/16”. “Wobble” dado sets are not recommended, as they may not engage correctly with the dado brake cartridge. Do not use dado sets with solid-plate interior chippers or blades with molding heads, as neither brake cartridge is designed to stop those blade types."
I see they recommend the Dewalt DW7670.  I purchased that dado set sometime even before I purchased my Sawstop.  It's worked well for me.