Flush trimming hardwood edging
Easy enough with a lipping base and flush cutting bit. Can flush wood 4-5" wide.

I don't like running a bearing guided bit against thin veneer. It leaves a track.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-15-2020, 08:11 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Easy enough with a lipping base and flush cutting bit. Can flush wood 4-5" wide.

I don't like running a bearing guided bit against thin veneer. It leaves a track.

Interesting.

Can you explain a bit? Google gives me a specific tool (edge lipping planer) but it's not clear what specific type of router base is needed or the method used.
(11-15-2020, 10:05 PM)FS7 Wrote: Interesting.

Can you explain a bit? Google gives me a specific tool (edge lipping planer) but it's not clear what specific type of router base is needed or the method used.

https://hub.shapertools.com/creators/59d...000f231e9f
See ya later,
Bill
(11-15-2020, 08:11 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Easy enough with a lipping base and flush cutting bit. Can flush wood 4-5" wide.

If you look really closely at Stwood's picture under the handle and just to the left of the cord (it is kind of hidden in the shadow) you can see that the special base plate is thinner over the router bit (there is a step up).  Set the bit so that the depth matches the thick part of the base exactly.  Then it is just a matter of shaving off the high points of the edging by resting the thick part of the base on the part you want to match and hovering the thin part of the base over the edging.
(11-16-2020, 07:18 AM)Bill_de Wrote: https://hub.shapertools.com/creators/59d...000f231e9f

Homemade. Looks good.
Cool

(11-16-2020, 11:15 AM)BrentDH Wrote: If you look really closely at Stwood's picture under the handle and just to the left of the cord (it is kind of hidden in the shadow) you can see that the special base plate is thinner over the router bit (there is a step up).  Set the bit so that the depth matches the thick part of the base exactly.  Then it is just a matter of shaving off the high points of the edging by resting the thick part of the base on the part you want to match and hovering the thin part of the base over the edging.

Described exact.
Cool
Winkgrin

I had Pat Warner make this base for me. Custom made.
Pat is now deceased (Rip Pat), and I don't know if anyone took over his business of making router accessories.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020