Weight Plate Storage Box/Rack
Another COVID project. Strictly for storage, not transport (with all of the weights it weighs 80+pounds).  Baltic birch ply with Deft gloss clear lacquer finish.

[Image: UAU6cgd.jpg]

[Image: eiEJ5Gj.jpg]

[Image: b6pONj6.jpg]

[Image: jZn3mtQ.jpg]
Nice, beats the angled plate racks
Maybe some single direction castors to roll it under the bench easier. 

BTW, that's a great idea for a bench.  Been thinking about building one.  Never considered repurposing my folding work platform for one.
(11-16-2020, 12:43 PM)stav Wrote: Maybe some single direction castors to roll it under the bench easier. 

BTW, that's a great idea for a bench.  Been thinking about building one.  Never considered repurposing my folding work platform for one.

I liked your idea about the caster but since it's on carpet I decided to use self adhesive carpet sliders instead.  Works well.

[Image: lGXJ23C.jpg]  [Image: IwOtY8R.jpg?1]
Nice, glad I could add to your creative endeavor. Although, with a bench that weighs about 3 lbs it might be easier to move that than the weight box.  
Laugh
The carpet sliders ended not working so well.  After sitting over night they depressed into the carpet.  Once you get them out of the carpet divots they slide good but I ended up removing them.  I just gave the bottom of the box a good waxing - sometimes (usually) the simplest solution is the best.