Benwood Stays Clear
Has anyone used Benwood Stays Clear?  I have not but I wanted to try it on some end tables.  The end tables are destined for the family room so I need a rugged finish - something that will stand up to water, folks not using coasters, etc.  Also, is their Low Luster closer to Satin or Semi-gloss.  Any input would be great.  Thank you as always...FPT
Thanks all for the views.  I guess this product has not yet hit the main stream.  Appreciate you looking though...FPT.
If you google on Benwood Stays Clear reviews, there are a lot of opinions out there ...Fine Woodworking has some good info.
Ed
Ed
(11-16-2020, 10:17 AM)Ed in NC Wrote: If you google on Benwood Stays Clear reviews, there are a lot of opinions out there ...Fine Woodworking has some good info.
Ed

Thanks Ed, very much appreciated.  Will have a look.
https://www.finewoodworking.com/2006/10/...ear-review

Benwood Finishes Stays Clear is a waterborne finish with an excellent vertical sag measure. It has fair brushing properties and excellent spraying properties, where thinning of no more than 15% is needed to achieve good atomization. It had a fair performance in our sanding test and received an excellent adhesion rating. This product has a soft finish and good resistance to food stains and heat.  Benwood Finishes Stays Clear is yellow in color and has a slightly hazy clarity.

I've been trying to find reliable information about Crystalac finish.  No luck so far.

https://thecrystalacstore.com/collection...-top-coats
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(11-18-2020, 11:25 AM)Cooler Wrote: Hi Cooler - thanks for the info - I did find that site and read it.  I did buy some BSC and sprayed some test pieces but decided this time to use Arm-R-Seal, my old standby.

I have by the way, used Crystalac before - their WB poly.  I liked it a lot.  It was easy to use, and easy to clean up. I used it on a kitchen table I made out of cherry, that has made it through 5 grandkids so far and still looks great; how, I don't know.  I have also used their grain filler.  It performs as described on the label.  Easy to use - apply and sand.  Best to stain the grain filler before you use it if putting it over stain.  I would give the WB poly a try, for sure.  Thanks again for the link...FPT.