Made a new bowl as part of our gift to my Mom for her birthday
She was very pleased

Very nicely done.

How did you get such a nice, sharp label?

What is the wood and finish?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(11-15-2020, 10:02 PM)iclark Wrote: Very nicely done.

How did you get such a nice, sharp label?

What is the wood and finish?

Thank you

I had it labeled as Ash but to be honest I am not so sure lol

Laser engraver. 

Finish is Tried and True original
(11-15-2020, 11:29 PM)Wipedout Wrote: Thank you

I had it labeled as Ash but to be honest I am not so sure lol

Laser engraver. 

Finish is Tried and True original

I understand about wood labels.
Smile 

I didn't know that laser engravers could handle anything that thick. Good to know. Thanks.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

Nicely done.  Great lable.  Good looking Ash. Texas Ash, at least the stuff I've turned, is significantly lighter.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
This is the laser I bought.  I just put it on some blocks to raise it high enough to sit over the piece if it's too thick.  or two large to fit under it.  Adjust the laser beam. 

https://www.amazon.com/Engraver-Carving-...590&sr=8-1

I use it mostly right now to put my logo on things.  My logo scales up and down easily and stays clean.  But I also use it to customize cutting and charcuterie boards - and in this case a gift 

It even handles curves somewhat -  I tested it with my logo because Im planning on making a custom baseball bat as a gift for a childs birth and make a louisville slugger type etching that has his name city and date of birth on it

That is definitely the least expensive laser engraver that I have seen.

The link highlighted the 2500mW version. Is that the one that you are using?

I'm not sure whether to laugh or sigh that Amazon does not know the difference between mW and MW.

The reviews look to be either pretty good or horrendous.

At first I thought it was olive wood. I like ash with olive wood grain. I like making both. Nice job on the bowl and on the engraving. How small can it engrave and still be sharp to make out your logo.
Beautiful piece. Great wood and exequition on the turning.
(11-16-2020, 01:04 PM)gear jammer Wrote: At first I thought it was olive wood. I like ash with olive wood grain. I like making both. Nice job on the bowl and on the engraving. How small can it engrave and still be sharp to make out your logo.

Thanks

I've done it where it is 3/4" long and still sharp as can be - I havent tried smaller yet