Made a new bowl as part of our gift to my Mom for her birthday
(11-16-2020, 01:11 PM)Turner52 Wrote: Beautiful piece. Great wood and exequition on the turning.

Thank you
(11-16-2020, 12:44 PM)iclark Wrote: That is definitely the least expensive laser engraver that I have seen.

The link highlighted the 2500mW version. Is that the one that you are using?

I'm not sure whether to laugh or sigh that Amazon does not know the difference between mW and MW.

The reviews look to be either pretty good or horrendous.

Correct that is the one I am using.  Installation makes Ikea look easy.  THere isnt a manual - just a video - with misspellings - however it goes together pretty easy just taking your time and lots of rewinding.

It was referred buy a guy on a cutting board fb group - he uses it extensively and has great results for over a year now
(11-15-2020, 11:29 PM)Wipedout Wrote: Thank you

I had it labeled as Ash but to be honest I am not so sure lol

Laser engraver. 

Finish is Tried and True original

Pecan, maybe. Something in the carya genus, anyway? 

Somewhere where it grew fast.  Don't see that width on annual rings up here.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Of course your mom was thrilled.  A handmade gift from you filled with chocolate and wine.  What woman wouldn't be happy.  

John
(11-16-2020, 03:29 PM)Wipedout Wrote: Correct that is the one I am using.  Installation makes Ikea look easy.  THere isnt a manual - just a video - with misspellings - however it goes together pretty easy just taking your time and lots of rewinding.

It was referred buy a guy on a cutting board fb group - he uses it extensively and has great results for over a year now

Thanks.

The Amazon site almost sounded like you could just use it as a computer printer (albeit a slow one).

Could you say some more, please, about the software that you are using and how long the bowl print took to burn?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Software came with it. I created the image (text and inserted my logo). Then loaded the image into the software. Adjusted the focus of the laser. Did a test size so I could be sure it was centered. Then clicked burn. Took about 8 minutes if that. I left the garage and came back and it was done. Not sure what you\they mean by printer. I believe the software has some type then burn ability. I am just more comfortable using another app then converting to an image

Happy to help with any questions
thank you
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

(11-17-2020, 10:51 PM)iclark Wrote: thank you

Couple pics of stuff I did when I first got it just to test the system - pic of one of my dogs - that took a really long time - its about 8"x8"  

The piece of birch bark was a test to see how it handled a different material

couple cutting board commisions - not thrilled with the Bonnie's kitchen one - I think it had some issues with a mix of materials

Also my logo on end grain was tough - I need to come up with a version of my logo with a bolder border.  I had to laser it multiple times to get it to work while the SV on the front was just a double burn - lesson learned?  End grain doesn't do well with thin lines

Oh and here is the picture of Moose I used for the test

Lots of good info. Thanks.