Wentworth saw vise
What's a fair price to offer for a Wentworth saw vise?  Assuming that it's in good working condition, of course.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
I have the No. 1 Wentworth....and paid $10 for it....Dealer did want $20 or best offer...

Have since cleaned it up, given it a new coat of black paint, and mounted on a 2 x 8...

YMMV
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
There are different versions that Wentworth made. The one that bandit posted is the more recognizable version and looks to be the inspiration for the Gramercy vise.

I have a no. 3 that has the same saw clamping mechanism, but a different bench mounting system. Mine has a screw clamp mechanism similar to C clamps that allows for quick removal and installation, But, the pad is so small that you really have to tighten it down for it to hold, which then dents your workbench. Not a problem on mine, but those with nicer benches may not like it.

I wouldn’t pay more for my version than a standard Disston vice.

I’m not much help with the going rates of vintage saw vices.

[Image: full]
John
Look in "sold" auctions on eBay, where there's quite a range of prices, and then make your best guess.
I have one like Bandit's and paid a similar price, at local flea market about a half dozen years aho.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Thanks guys.  That helps some. 
Smile
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.
(11-20-2020, 01:33 PM)dow Wrote: Thanks guys.  That helps some. 
Smile

I got mine at a flea mkt 5 bucks got the saw set for about the same 
it seems to in "the keep looking" mode
I'd never buy one sight unseen
Confused
been getting saws from time to time
its finding good files that gets to be a pain

No
south vietnam war collage