Need Air Compressor Help
Another option is to go with a GFI breaker and regular outlet.  

John
Status update.  I went with a replacement GFI outlet.  After checking the records, I determined that the last one lasted about 6.5 years.

Replacing the circuit breaker was an attractive option.  However, my electric guy who did the upgrade in May 2014 put both outside circuits (each having only one outlet) on a tandem breaker.  As far as I can tell, it is difficult to buy a tandem GFI breaker.  So my reasoning was that I would have to move one of the circuits to another slot (thus consuming one more slot), and buy two new GFI breakers and two new outdoor outlets.  This was about 5-6x more expensive than just replacing with one new GFI outlet.  If the new one lasts as long as the old one, I'll probably be ahead.  Does this make sense to anyone?

It helped that accessing the outlet, while not real convenient, was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Thanks,
Mark
Mark in Sugar Land, TX
(02-23-2021, 08:36 AM)AttikusFinch Wrote: If the GFCI won't reset, it could be because there is no power supply to the GFCI, or the GFCI may have gone bad. Note: If the GFCI trips every time you reset it, then there may be a dangerous current leak somewhere in the circuit. In that case, you may want to seek help from an electrician.
If the red button is already inside but there is still no power to the GFCI outlet or the outlets connected to it, push the black button. This should cause the red button to pop out. If the red button does not pop out, the GFCI outlet is defective.

Attikus Finch?  Seriously?
Are the breaker amps the same in both locations? Big difference in 15 and 20 amp if motor is dragging a bit.