DC Motor Upgrade? Yay or Nay?
Main run is up and taped. Waiting on a 6-to-4 adapter so I can run a hose to my jointer, planer, RAS, and drill press temporarily. My shop is down until that point. I have orders in the queue so that's top priority.

In the coming weeks I'll add a wye right after the bend to the ceiling to run a hard line and drop to my table saws and router table.

Also gonna add more hangar points to ensure proper support.

Dust collector is finished aside from adding a plug to the cord.

(edit)

There's a wye coming off the DC through the wall. Lower is currently taped over but will become a drop to my lathe. That semi-rigid you see isn't really coming through the wall; it's just sitting on top of that light fixture.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Lookin up...............
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Update:  Got it finished and hooked up.  For now there's just one hose coming off the end visible in the pic above.  It easily reaches all my equipment; just gotta switch between each piece in use.  I'll leave it be for a while and see how annoying that gets and decide later whether I want a run branching off to my table saws and router table and then continue the main run closer to my jointer and RAS location.

Holy cow.  This thing is a HUGE improvement over my prior system.  On my jointer, the old system worked quite well, though the cutter head did throw a noticeable amount of chips out.  Not anymore.  Yeah, a chip here and there, but nothing like before.  Same on my PM100 planer.  An annoying amount of chips would be thrown out the front of the planer and a enough escaped out the back of the planer to leave a mess that needed to be cleaned up after.  Not anymore.  A few stray chips coming out the front of the planer but nothing out the back.  I'm super pleased.
Semper fi,
Brad

It's always good to see someone who's happy with they setup they chose....we often forget that's the most important part. As for the improved performance, there was never a doubt in my mind this would greatly out shine what you had earlier. Congrats!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Yeah, I'm super happy.

I was worried that the performance, while I *knew* it would be better, wouldn't be quite good *enough*. That's not a concern now. I'm a one man shop so it's more than needed.

I can feel some tiny leaks on the bag/filter side so I'm going to buy some incense sticks and hunt them down and seal them up.

Now I need to fab up a way to fit a clear bag on the bottom of the cartridge filter so I can monitor it and dump excess dust. I think I have a method, just gotta flesh the idea out.

Any idea what those metal strap clamps are called that are used on the bag filter dust collectors? I'll need to find one.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Here's a large hose clamp that should meet the need. BTW, if you can find a down geather you might find it a little easier to use (and not smell up the place) than the incense sticks (or cigars, take my word for it).
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Down geather?

I like incense sticks, so that's not a problem. Originally thought about a cigar but quickly decided against that. Garage is attached to the house!
Semper fi,
Brad

Sorry...down feather, the fibers move in the absolute slightest of air motion, so holding one close to seams indicate if any are drawing air in.
Ah!

I'm looking for air getting blown out but that'll work for it, too.

Just found that the top of the cyclone leaks, which is disappointing, because all the other seams in it were soldered. I'll tape it.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Although you’ve already taken care of that leak, another useful method is liquid or thin caulk type duct sealant.  Amazing stuff, but if you want it to look neat, tape the area around the joint, as it’s impossible to clean up afterward.  Then seal away with wild abandon.  
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"