For Sale / DeWalt 788 Type 1 Scrollsaw
I have a type 1 (made in Canada) Dewalt788 Scrollsaw in mint condition that has been hardly used, it comes with the stand, light, and mobile base. 

Sale price $450.00 

Mid Mi. 48642
(11-23-2020, 09:56 PM)fall Wrote: I have a type 1 (made in Canada) Dewalt788 Scrollsaw in mint condition that has been hardly used, it comes with the stand, light, and mobile base. 

Sale price $450.00 

Mid Mi. 48642

good deal for someone on a well made saw
Those things are really nice!
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
Pictures can be found here.

https://saginaw.craigslist.org/tls/d/mid...88618.html
(11-23-2020, 09:56 PM)fall Wrote: I have a type 1 (made in Canada) Dewalt788 Scrollsaw in mint condition that has been hardly used, it comes with the stand, light, and mobile base. 

Sale price $450.00 

Mid Mi. 48642

Not trying to be a jerk, but that price may be a bit high.  I understand that it's mint and type 1's are desirable, but they are also at least 15, maybe 20 years old.  A new one could be had for about $500 from Grizzly, which includes the stand and a work light.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(11-25-2020, 03:18 PM)Bill Wilson Wrote: Not trying to be a jerk, but that price may be a bit high.  I understand that it's mint and type 1's are desirable, but they are also at least 15, maybe 20 years old.  A new one could be had for about $500 from Grizzly, which includes the stand and a work light.

Mine is 15 yo and it works like it did when it was new.  For me if I were searching for one I would jump on the saw knowing how well mine has worked.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
(11-25-2020, 03:18 PM)Bill Wilson Wrote: Not trying to be a jerk, but that price may be a bit high.  I understand that it's mint and type 1's are desirable, but they are also at least 15, maybe 20 years old.  A new one could be had for about $500 from Grizzly, which includes the stand and a work light.

Bill not a problem with your comment, first off in review Grizzly would be $539.87 (and no mobile  locking caster base) shipped to my house as I checked the price. Second like John state there is a big difference in the Canadian all metal machine compared to the plastic oriental machines. There is a reason they went from one of the top selling machines(type #1) to just a standard copy of multiple machines on the market. As you state the age … well if this unit was used for all those year’s I could see a cheaper price but a machine that has sat and not used, is a like new unit. Also, I put this on a few sites and got multiple comments on the quality of these machines (type #1)  and good price comments, but all already have one. Basically, you get what you pay for and if they still made these to the their old quality standards for todays market they would be in the $8-900.00 range. But just a FYI Harbor Fright has one for $99 if anyone is looking for a barging price unit. But all comments are well come. And if someone is interested let’s talk cash.
I recently sold a few tools that were in good shape on CL and for all 3 I got the asking price with no attempt at going lower. I had them priced around 60% or 65% of new and while they were older (~15-18 years) they were taken care of. The reason that I mention getting the asking price is that new tools are taking a long time to roll off of the assembly line and if someone has something nice this is generally the time to sell it as people want something now vs waiting. I had to wait 3 months to get the shelix head for my PM60, I would have paid someone close to the new price if they had a used one on the market rather than waiting that long to put my jointer together.

Not to take sides but I live about an hour or so from Bill and about 2 years ago I picked up this say (also type 1) for $150 off of CL as there was little interest in the item. There was no stand but the saw works well, the only thing was that it needed a lower blade clamp ($20). It was dirty as he sawed brass with it but it cleaned up quite well. I asked him if there were many inquiries and he said that I was the first. Anyways I also got a dead man pedal:
https://temcoindustrial.com/temco-cn0003...-1qty.html
or this https://temcoindustrial.com/temco-cn0357...-1qty.html

The pedal is sweet! It's not some crappy one it's all metal. I use it for when I need to run another tool on and off like the drill press for drilling multiple holes with an index pin.

Anyways it looks like a decent setup and deal, best of luck with the sale.
Shipping possible? Throat depth?
BassMD the throat depth is 20'' from blade to the back part of saw arm .... so 20'' , also yes the saw can be shipped.