Magical Dovetail Markers
Make a set of the Magical Dovetail Markers for yourself, or as Christmas presents
Smile

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

Details of how to build them are on my website (too many photos to post here)...

http://www.inthewoodshop.com/ShopMadeTools/MagicDovetailMarkers.html

Have fun!

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Great idea and nicely done. The build-along / HowTo is great.

A couple of questions:
How thick is the lexan?

Where do you find inexpensive lexan?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Looks good Derek.......
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Very nice. I'll be checking this out after work.
(11-24-2020, 03:10 PM)iclark Wrote: Great idea and nicely done. The build-along / HowTo is great.

A couple of questions:
How thick is the lexan?

Where do you find inexpensive lexan?

Thanks for the reminder:

The Lexan I used is 1/4" thick. I added it into the article.

I simply purchased sections on eBay. Easy to access. Not the cheapest but reasonable in price.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
That’s a really clever use of that material, Derek,
Lexan (polycarbonate) can be fused, or welded, with acetone. Acetone melts the plastic so use a few drops. It won't bond flexible plastics or most other materials. Since CA is lumpy and is usually old and spoiled in my house, acetone is easier to find..
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.