Bosch ROS65VC replacement?
I can't find the ROS65VC online except from sketchy looking sites. Is it discontinued? Is there a competitor to it?

It's time to move up to a good ROS.
Semper fi,
Brad

5 or 6"?

https://www.toolnut.com/bosch-ros65vc-6-...GIQAvD_BwE

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Polisher-Vi...B005NZ6EGQ

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/bos...-ros65vc-5# <--OOS
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

There's a $300 difference between the Toolnut and Amazon listing price. So that doesn't take help much.

5" is what I want.

The third shows it of stock online. Which is what I'm seeing every where except this two you linked that I had already seen.

(edit)

Never mind. I think I found it at Grainger.
Semper fi,
Brad

(11-25-2020, 09:12 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: There's a $300 difference between the Toolnut and Amazon listing price.  So that doesn't take help much.  

5" is what I want.

The third shows it of stock online.  Which is what I'm seeing every where except this two you linked that I had already seen.

(edit)

Never mind.   I think I found it at Grainger.

I recommend you get the kit with both pads, or buy a separate 6" pad.  You may have a lot of 5" disks now, but you'll find the sander handles better with the 6" pad and also gets work done much faster.  In any case, if it's possible to enjoy sanding you will with this sander.

John
Toolnut says it will ship on Dec 11th.  I would be thrilled if that happens.  I've had that sander pre-ordered with them for months.  The date keeps moving out.

I wish they wouldn't have charged me when I ordered.  I thought about cancelling out of protest, but I knew I'd probably lose my place in line.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Edit to add that I wasn't charged....it was just a hold put on the account for the amount.
I ordered from here. Says ten days to ship, too. If they string me along I'll cancel.

https://www.zoro.com/bosch-5in-random-or...=ROS65VC-5
Semper fi,
Brad

(11-26-2020, 10:55 AM)camp10 Wrote: Toolnut says it will ship on Dec 11th.  I would be thrilled if that happens.  I've had that sander pre-ordered with them for months.  The date keeps moving out.

I wish they wouldn't have charged me when I ordered.  I thought about cancelling out of protest, but I knew I'd probably lose my place in line.

You really should contact them if they charged you.   Their internet guy, Shane, is on other forums telling everyone the DO NOT charge you until the product is shipped.  

I believe they (and others) place a "hold" for the amount of the order.  But your CC co. is not putting it on your statment for you to pay at the end of the month.  The hold counts against your available credit limit if you have one.
(11-26-2020, 05:38 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: You really should contact them if they charged you.   Their internet guy, Shane, is on other forums telling everyone the DO NOT charge you until the product is shipped.  

I believe they (and others) place a "hold" for the amount of the order.  But you CC co. is not putting it on your statment for you to pay at the end of the month.  The hold counts against your available credit limit if you have one.

OK, we just checked and it was just a hold.    My wife gets a text every time our account is charged and the card is not present......and now we know that it also alerts us when a hold is placed on the account.

Sorry for the confusion and the accusation.  I'll edit my post above.
(11-25-2020, 09:12 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: There's a $300 difference between the Toolnut and Amazon listing price.  So that doesn't take help much.  

5" is what I want.

The third shows it of stock online.  Which is what I'm seeing every where except this two you linked that I had already seen. I showed that one as OOS (Out Of Stock)
Wink

I went to all 6" sanders 10? years ago.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I find one size only of sanders rather limiting.