Bosch ROS65VC replacement?
My loaners are 5", and the rectangular sheet sanders. I'm not restricted to 6" if I do need something else.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-25-2020, 07:42 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I can't find the ROS65VC online except from sketchy looking sites.  Is it discontinued?  Is there a competitor to it?

It's time to move up to a good ROS.

Is this it, at Tools Plus via Amazon? They show 2 in stock.

Bosch ROS65VC-5 5-Inch Pad Rear-Handle Random Orbit Sander with Vibration Control - Power Random Orbit Sanders - AmazonSmile

I have dealt with Tools Plus in the past with no issues.
See ya later,
Bill
STwood, Sorry man. I missed that part.

Bill, I wasn't able to find it on Amazon for that price! It's about $50 higher than Zoro's price, so if I get delayed shipping notices from them I'll just bite the bullet and get it.

For my needs, a 5" pad works great. I'll likely add a 6" later though.
Semper fi,
Brad

(11-27-2020, 06:37 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: My loaners are 5", and the rectangular sheet sanders. I'm not restricted to 6" if I do need something else.

That doesn’t sound like you’ve gone to all 6” sanders like you said in a previous post.
(11-29-2020, 12:03 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: That doesn’t sound like you’ve gone to all 6” sanders like you said in a previous post.

I use all 6" sanders in my work/projects.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-29-2020, 01:29 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I use all 6" sanders in my work/projects.

Like I thought.  Restricted.  Can't get into closed corners, can't do profiles or moldings, or spindles, or coves.

But hey, I'm sure you're quite content with all 6" ; and your friends grateful for the step children you loan them.

I wouldn't follow your advice , nor advise anyone else to settle on all 6" sanders either.
So, Monkey, why do I so often see you getting all up in your feels?

Come on
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-01-2020, 10:42 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: So, Monkey, why do I so often see you getting all up in your feels?

Come on

That's his style, just to screw up a thread and nitpick someone to make them look foolish.
Here lately, he's been on me and Fred Hargis I've noticed.
Another thought....if he harasses me, he won't be as apt to harass someone else. Lol
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-30-2020, 11:07 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: I wouldn't follow your advice , nor advise anyone else to settle on all 6" sanders either.

Well. Bling bling.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I'm not harassing you wood.   If I hurt your feelings, I apologize.   

I'm simplying disagreeing with you and your assertations and inconsistencies on this subject - 6" sanders.  

People reading this can decide for themselves whether all one size , a larger one at that, is best for them.  You've suggested by extension that all one size is good.  For you maybe.  Not for lots of others.  Pointing this out is simply discussion.   You don't have to respond to any posts if they make you uncomfortable. 

Maybe you should send a 6" sander to smpr-fi for defending you.  He wants one, and you have plenty it seems.  Perhaps you'll convert another to the all 6" fold ?