Fastest Way to cut slots in Composite Decking
Might be a totally dumb idea but would a RAS work for this?  Just rotate and get the elevation needed and push through flat to the table

For all the Ipe I predrill and screw in from the top if I wanted invisible fasteners I think I would go with using plugs as all the slot systems I have seen use plastic and I don't think plastic will hold up to Ipe.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(12-02-2020, 11:22 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Might be a totally dumb idea but would a RAS work for this?  Just rotate and get the elevation needed and push through flat to the table

For all the Ipe I predrill and screw in from the top if I wanted invisible fasteners I think I would go with using plugs as all the slot systems I have seen use plastic and I don't think plastic will hold up to Ipe.

The fasteners I have used are painted stainless
(12-02-2020, 11:22 PM)Bob10 Wrote: Might be a totally dumb idea but would a RAS work for this?  Just rotate and get the elevation needed and push through flat to the table

Bob,  actually,  I thought about a RAS, and if I had one, I would have considered it, would probably have had to install a riser under the stock to get the elevation right.  

As to fasteners,  the Camos Edge clips use plastic just for the spacing and to allow them to clip to the joists before you drive the screw home, the gusset itself is 304 stainless,  and the way I read the spec sheet, it is coated with black zinc .  https://cdn1.nationalnail.net/camofasten...01.06).pdf

I don't have any affiliation with the company, but extremely impressed with how well thought out the product is.  Of course, I just installed it , so don't know well it will hold up.    I got turned onto the system from this video -  a little long, but funny towards the end, and describes all the fasteners I had considered   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFDgBFj4M38