Psychological help needed
  Re: Psychological help needed by Halfathumb (For the past few mon...)
My experiences echo TDKPE’s. Family and neighbors wanting help with their properties when there’s always something needed around my own house. Not to mention our kids still being young enough that they want our attention.

I don’t mind giving advise, loaning out a ladder, or even making a few rip cuts on the TS. However, I have my own property to take care of and I’m not doing your work.....

I do have a couple of very select and talented friends that I will help but they will also do the same for me. We really don’t keep score but we also don’t take advantage of each other.

There have been times when I’ve helped “less talented” friends, working together, and ended up doing 80% of the work. I can sniff out those situations, before they happen, pretty easy anymore.

My wife, being the saint she is, typically doesn’t complain if I help one of my few “talented” friends. However, she gets bent when her family tries to go behind her back in hopes of getting me to work on their home projects. Mother in law is now pretty use to me telling her to talk to my wife.....and wife is pretty protective of my time. Thank goodness.