WiFi extenders
i've got 2 of these, and i'm really happy with 'em:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R92...UTF8&psc=1

it creates a new network which works just fine for the way we use them.  web interface is nice too.  
Yes
Robert, Thanks for your reply.

The existing conduit is not big enough for a cable with ends, and I have zero desire to buy tools and go DIY.

Just trying avoid digging another trench.

That said, I bought a roll of Cat5 buriable cable.  Would you still use conduit? No risk of accidental digging.
(12-02-2020, 10:13 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Robert, Thanks for your reply.

The existing conduit is not big enough for a cable with ends, and I have zero desire to buy tools and go DIY.

Just trying avoid digging another trench.

That said, I bought a roll of Cat5 buriable cable.  Would you still use conduit? No risk of accidental digging.

I don't like any direct burial cable. I like being able to replace it at a later date if I need to. Not sure where you are but if you are in my part of the world you are welcome to borrow my punchdown tool or I'll do the ends for you so you can just pull a new wire through. 

In our yard we have 100% sand so we have pocket gophers and moles. I worry about them eating into any cable. They destroy yards... I have the gophers under control but the moles are still an ongoing issue that I will try the pipe from the mower to the tunnel trick next. Not to mention I watched a GC dig into a new 2" copper water line to a building in two spots on the same day as he was playing with the mini excavator... When the plumber arrived with the stuff to patch the first break he was told there were now two... He was not happy that day.

Always go bigger on the conduit. I rarely use 1/2" in ground for anything as 3/4 isn't much more and it's easier to pull through and add stuff in the future. I really wanted to go fiber to my shop but had a heart attack at the price...
(11-28-2020, 01:11 AM)harderhandyman Wrote: I put one of these in the ship about 250' away, amazing that it pulls a signal that far away.  Only $18 on amazon.  I've even used a weak signal from it in the house basement!
TP-Link N300 WiFi Extender(TL-WA855RE)

Thanks Harder!
Bought one of these and it's working great!
My cable provider has offered these extenders.  I did not feel the need for it, though the metal lath in my plaster walls greatly interferes with the signal, I rarely feel the need to use the lap top in the affected areas.

Verizon offers two extenders:  https://www.verizon.com/onesearch/search...75ef0bc90a
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Should the wifi extender be located near modem, close to where you are using your device, or midway between?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(12-22-2020, 09:30 AM)Pirate Wrote: Should the wifi extender be located near modem, close to where you are using your device, or midway between?

Midway.
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
i went with the furthest points where i could still get a decent signal from the main connection point.
Several of the extenders have a LAN plug on them...if I run CAT-5 (or 6) from the router to the extender, will that work better?
(12-23-2020, 08:20 PM)JosephP Wrote: Several of the extenders have a LAN plug on them...if I run CAT-5 (or 6) from the router to the extender, will that work better?

If you are able to connect it to the router wit a network cable, you will get great performance. It essentially create a new access point instead. Dan