foredom / router wrench
Anyone know where you can get custom sized thin wrenches like the kind used on routers?  I recently picked up a used foredom rotary tool but the wrench is missing.  I also need to get a replacement one for a Milwaukee router.
Well you could do what my Dad did. Buy something at a garage sale and grind it down. Been working that way for many years.
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
(11-29-2020, 10:09 PM)jussi Wrote: Anyone know where you can get custom sized thin wrenches like the kind used on routers?  I recently picked up a used foredom rotary tool but the wrench is missing.  I also need to get a replacement one for a Milwaukee router.

1-1/8" Open End Wrench [49-96-0365] for Milwaukee Power Tools | eReplacement Parts

HP4-993 Collet Changing Wrench Set | | Foredom Electric Company

--
See ya later,
Bill
The Milwaukee is a 2-wrench router, did you just misplace one? (PS, Porter Cable wrenches fir as well.)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks. Just placed my order. I figured foredom would have it but was wondering if there was a company that made general sized ones.

The Milwaukee router is the cordless version and has a spindle lock and only 1 wrench.
(11-29-2020, 11:19 PM)Eurekan Wrote: Well you could do what my Dad did. Buy something at a garage sale and grind it down. Been working that way for many years.

Ha!  I've done that several times with cheap flea market wrenches.  Pretty effective.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Amazon sells them..just look for "thin open ended wrench"

Coincidentally, I recently lost/misplaced the collet wrench for my Foredom handpiece but found that one that fit from some random hardware kit (bed frame?).

I keep almost all of those tools from such kits as long as they're not junk.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.