source for wood filler?
Hi there, I bought it from here: https://www.woodentips.com/wood-filler/
I use Parks' Grain Filler.  It was designed to fill the pores in open-pore wood floors.  It applies easier than joint compound, sands easier and dries faster.  It is available in various tints.  I only use it to fill nail holes.  I don't know how thick you can apply it. 

I have a can of this for 3 or 4 years and it is still good.  Find it at Home Depot.

[Image: red-oak-rust-oleum-parks-patching-repair...4_1000.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(12-03-2020, 10:58 AM)Howard Pollack Wrote: I use a paste made of fine sawdust and whatever finish I'm going to use on the piece.  Works well and I know it will be perfectly compatible with the ultimate finish.

-Howard

(12-05-2020, 12:28 AM)Kansas City Fireslayer Wrote: Anyone still use fine sawdust power mixed with shellac or sanding sealer?  That’s my first choice for small holes and cracks.

Yes. See above
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020