Shop vac recommendations for DC?
(11-05-2022, 02:37 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Not necessarily.  They tend to have too many exclusions and usually don't make financial sense.    Have you tested the turbine to make sure it's not just the switch ?   ShopVac is notorious for using cheap and crappy switches.

Perhaps, but see above - in which case it had no bearing.    Additionally , you shouldn't have to clean the pleated filter because you should be using the disposable bags.   If you do get a Fein or other premium dust extractor you'll really have no choice in the matter.

I'll check the switch.  Thanks!

I was using the bag for a while...and got lazy.
Semper fi,
Brad

(11-06-2022, 09:22 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I'll check the switch.  Thanks!

multi meter will come in handy though you can just bypass it if your careful and brave.

Quote:I was using the bag for a while...and got lazy.

A mirror will be the tool for this.
Festool, Bosch, and Fein are the Cadillacs of shop vacs. They all have variable suction, which is a real help if you're connected to a sander. Don't underestimate them because they are small compared to Ridgid. Their CFM rating is very good, and they also are very quiet compared to a run-of-the-mill shop vac. As far as collection capacity goes, I have a Festool connected to a Dust Deputy, so I'm not constantly changing filters and emptying the collection reservoir. You can connect a Ridgid to a Dust Deputy as well. There are ways to make your own Dust Deputy if cost is an issue.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill