Shop vac recommendations for DC?
Keep us posted on how things progress!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Next step: Wait for a cheap-ish cyclone to fall into my lap!
Semper fi,
Brad

Quote:"Lots of guys are happy with making a Thien Baffle for those.
Some also have purchased the JET "cone" to do the same thing."

Yeah, I thought about those options but I think a larger cyclone will serve my future needs better.

No doubt a cyclone would be better. 

For $60 and an hour or so of your time, you could get better separation today with the vortex cones.   Today.

If pleated cartridges came with the collector; the $60 will be recouped in filter longevity.   You could also sell them on when a cyclone does fall in you lap.
Sadly, all that came with the collector was three bags; one was missing. I have a cartridge that I'll be pulling from the old system. For now the old system works well enough so I don't mind using it until I get a good cyclone in hand.

The system I have *now* is a cyclone system. It's just underpowered for what I want in the future.
Semper fi,
Brad

Cabinet--

That hose came in today. Gave it a test drive. Really like it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-05-2020, 10:53 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: You could also get one of these, and upgrade your functionality and user experience at the same time. 

https://smile.amazon.com/Cen-Tec-Systems...r=8-3&th=1

To Mac and CM - would be interested to hear of your experience with this accessory. Looks like a nice solution to handle the smaller tools in the shop.

Thanks,

Doug
Doug, I've used it now for about two hours straight sanding. It's *much* less rigid than the shop vac hose. The adjustable air bleed has enough friction to stay in place in use.

I like it.
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-11-2020, 12:01 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Doug, I've used it now for about two hours straight sanding.  It's *much* less rigid than the shop vac hose.  The adjustable air bleed has enough friction to stay in place in use.

I like it.

Thanks Brad, glad it's working out for you. What kind of vac are you hooked up to? I'm thinking about replacing my tired shop vac with one from the Ridgid 1400 series, 14 gallon, 6 HP. Does it interface smoothly with the vac?

Doug
It's a Shop Vac. Claimed 6hp, 6 gallon. The metal body one.

The hose is a friction fit into the inlet opening. Not the best or most robust, but since I'm stationary when using it, it'll works.

The business end fits perfectly on the exhaust of my Bosch ROS.

Gonna build this with it sometime after the new year: https://youtu.be/8J986uRQFTI
Semper fi,
Brad

Oops. 12 gallon. This one.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad