Master bedroom cabinet
Since there are no travel plans with Covid, we decided to upgrade the master bedroom. Pulled out the carpet and had 5" red oak floors with a walnut and cherry border installed. Even bought amish bedroom set out of cherry.

Room is 15x26 and to the right of the master closet is a sitting area. needed something to break up the room so we used two paint colors and the white cabinet to divide and define each space. Mahoghany top and poplar column.

Now I just need the closet system to come in and area rugs and it will be like a new place.

I really hate painted projects because of the overspray but felt a white cabinet made the most sense.

Attached Files Image(s)

The column is a clever add, Tom.  Adds a real upscale feel to it.  The cabinet looks very well done, too.  With all those upgrades, you must think you're in someone else's bedroom.  

John
That really looks nice, well done. That floor is amazing, you didn't know it was there? Regardless I love the look of everything.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Fred,

Our house when we moved in was builder grade everything, under the carpet was OSB. We added the flooring. Since the room is so large we went with a 5" oak and most of the boards are 4ft or longer. Border practically cost as much as the flooring and the flooring guy custom made the corner pieces.

We also flattened out a cathedral ceiling and added recessed lights. For such a large room there were zero lights and as I get older more light = better.
Looks great. The furniture looks high quality as well. Some crown all the way around the room would look nice too. Next purchase will be a rug! Costco has some nice reasonably priced ones.

I didn't notice the border around the floor until you mentioned it Tom.  That's pretty sweet.  

John
Very nice, the look and colors all go together great.