comments on my blank kiln
(12-09-2020, 03:49 PM)scpapa Wrote: I haven't turned as many as you, but I have done more than a few, buying dry blanks is expensive. My quest is to dry them, but not too fast, so I'm not waiting months to a year for them to dry out. I prefer not to turn them twice.
I hear you about not wanting to wait, but once you get a few blanks drying/dried, you’ll never need to wait again. Right now I have about 300 blanks rough turned. I can pull 100 right now that are ready to turn.
VH07V  
I just pulled one blank out and rough turned it to see how it turns (pun intended) out. I wrapped the edge as I saw in a couple of YT videos. I'll check in a couple of weeks to see how badly, or not, that it cracks.
Thanks for all of the replies.
Rick
Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul!
MAGA!!