Installing faucet problem and ? PICS ADDED
In the process of installing two new bathroom sink faucets (Moen) and I noticed the supply line is difficult to attach. The hub the the line screws onto is not threaded all the way to the end only allowing about one and one half threads to screw onto. The old one I was able to get at least four threads. It doesn’t leak, but seems a little iffy to me.
So I called Moen and they said they made that change to their faucets a year ago. The rep suggested using a toilet supply line as that has a flat rubber washer instead of the cone which should allow more “purchase”.

Anyone else run into this situation?
VH07V  
(12-07-2020, 03:54 PM)EightFingers Wrote: In the process of installing two new bathroom sink faucets (Moen) and I noticed the supply line is difficult to attach. The hub the the line screws onto is not threaded all the way to the end only allowing about one and one half threads to screw onto. The old one I was able to get at least four threads. It doesn’t leak, but seems a little iffy to me.
So I called Moen and they said they made that change to their faucets a year ago. The rep suggested using a toilet supply line as that has a flat rubber washer instead of the cone which should allow more “purchase”.

Anyone else run into this situation?

I have never noticed this, I can tell you toilet supply will not work, larger diameter. 1.5 threads don't sound right. If the cone shaped rubber inside lav supply is holding from accessing more threads, then you try adapter 1/2" fip x 3/8" compression coupling.

Supply

Using teflon tape on the male threads to screw the adapter on should give you more threads. Then use the above supply lines to connect
That won’t work. The male part of the faucet is what I’m trying to connect to. The female end of the water supply line is not deep enough. The faucet inlet is 3/4” od.
VH07V  
I would return it as defective and advise Moen they shouldn't have made that change.
Raised

Since Moen isn't upset about it, I would find another source for supplies.

I know I'm going to open the box now before I buy.
These are faucets Moen sent to replace two defective ones I already have.
Upset
Upset
I went to two major plumbing supply houses this afternoon and the salesmen said they’ve never seen anything like it.

I think I’ll just buy two new faucets of a different brand.
VH07V  
A picture would help a lot
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(12-07-2020, 10:56 PM)blackhat Wrote: A picture would help a lot

Yes 

Something doesn't sound right. Never had a problem installing a moen faucet.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(12-07-2020, 05:41 PM)EightFingers Wrote: That won’t work. The male part of the faucet is what I’m trying to connect to. The female end of the water supply line is not deep enough. The faucet inlet is 3/4” od.

Most lav faucets have 1/2"mip threads for h&c connections. As others have stated, a picture would clear things up.
Bought two Delta faucets and they were very easy to install. I looked at several others and saw some had that “new design”.
VH07V  

This is a pic of the Delta faucet. Note, threads go all the way.
VH07V