Installing faucet problem and ? PICS ADDED
This is a pic of the Moen faucet. Note how the threads don’t go all the way to the end. There is also plastic insert that protrudes from the end. This is not removable.

Attached Files Image(s)

VH07V  
I finally connected with Moen and sent the above pics to their technical supervisor. They are sending me extensions that have the threads all the way.
I’m hopeful it solves the problem.
VH07V  
I suppose I can see that being a concern with some of the supply tubes made today. The nuts are shallower than they used to be and a thick domed washer would add to it. It’s been a while since I had anything to do with a Borg grade consumer faucet.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

If Moen's fix doesn't work, go to your local Borg and pick up a set of replacement supply line nuts that are deeper than the ones that came with the faucet.
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
(12-09-2020, 07:31 PM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: If Moen's fix doesn't work, go to your local Borg and pick up a set of replacement supply line nuts that are deeper than the ones that came with the faucet.

I’m using the flex connectors, nuts aren’t replaceable.
VH07V  
(12-09-2020, 08:46 PM)EightFingers Wrote: I’m using the flex connectors, nuts aren’t replaceable.

Instead of the braided S.S. hoses that are becoming the "norm", copper sink supply tubes will work with the "normal" nuts that usually come with a faucet. There are also cone washers that fit over 1/2" or 3//8" tubes but they don't prevent accidental pull out. I look for the grey plastic faucet supply tubes when chrome isn't required. If I'm running PEX, then I'll use a PEX ball valve and 1/2" barb x 1/2" female swivel adapter with the rubber washer on frost free sillcocks and faucets.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Personally, I don't like the braided line as they are like the braided washing machine hoses. The manufacturer of those suggests you replace them every 5 years. I have seen 2 failures of those. Keep an eye on them
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   

The first 3 threads are the most important, looks as though you got shorted
Upset . Chinese quality control at it's finest. The adapter would give you more threads to catch.
(12-09-2020, 03:26 PM)EightFingers Wrote: This is a pic of the Moen faucet. Note how the threads don’t go all the way to the end. There is also plastic insert that protrudes from the end. This is not removable.

in-toe-resting . . . i'm really curious the reasoning behind that??  
Confused

This is shank of faucet with adapter ans supply connected