Installing faucet problem and ? PICS ADDED
The supply line already has the correct nut sizes.
VH07V  
I had the exact same problem earlier this year replacing a faucet for my daughter. I took it back to the supply house and the guy there tried to tell me all I needed to do was get it started and tighten it using 2 pairs of pump pliers. I switched it for a Delta and was done in 10 minutes
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
You tighten it that much, it’ll destroy the rubber cone washer. The installation directions are very specific about how much to tighten.
VH07V  
Well, there's also the issue of being able to get two pairs of pump pliers even on it with the sink in place.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
(12-10-2020, 03:44 PM)Flat Lander Wrote: This is shank of faucet with adapter ans supply connected

I thing that's what I would do.

It doesn't appear to be a faucet problem. It's a short nut problem on the supply line.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Snipe I agree somewhat. Were the nuts changed at sometime on the supply lines? If so, I never noticed. Is it their way of cheaping out, by saving a tiny bit of brass? I wonder if anyone has an old one they can check. Mine are all fairly new, less than three years old.
VH07V  
I will attempt to address Eight Fingers problem.....

Notice the threads at bottom and black plastic insert.

Note the threads on this faucet, they go all the way for secure connection.

Cone shaped rubber seal is first held back by smaller diameter of the black plastic insert coupled with bad starting threads.

This adapter, most are in rough brass will allow a threaded connection to shank with teflon tape seal, this will allow to screw further up on threads.

Then you can attach exiting supply lines. This adapter is 1/2"fip x 1/2" mip and should be available at big box stores or local hardware.

Hope this helps and Good Luck.
(12-15-2020, 09:03 AM)Flat Lander Wrote: I will attempt to address Eight Fingers problem.....

Notice the threads at bottom and black plastic insert.

Note the threads on this faucet, they go all the way for secure connection.

Cone shaped rubber seal is first held back by smaller diameter of the black plastic insert coupled with bad starting threads.

This adapter, most are in rough brass will allow a threaded connection to shank with teflon tape seal, this will allow to screw further up on threads.

Then you can attach exiting supply lines. This adapter is 1/2"fip x 1/2" mip and should be available at big box stores or local hardware.

Hope this helps and Good Luck.

Yep you are correct.  Although if it were me I would take the faucet with the strange threads and such back and get something that works as things have in the past.  I don't like adding fittings to places that don't normally require one, just another place to have something leak
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Totally agree Bob, if I purchased faucets that would only let you get 1.5 turns on thread, they would go back for refund or exchange for something that didn't require a Rube Goldberg approach.
There is a certain amount of hammer when turning the water off even with arrestors, knowing I had only that small amount of contact with threads would keep me up at night.

The above solution would make a much better connection. Only if he keeps them.
Moen sent me the extensions and they worked fine. I just don’t see the “ why” in the design change. It doesn’t save water and is certainly not a safety thing.

Maybe if more people complain.....
VH07V