Bosch PS31 batteries
(12-18-2020, 04:55 PM)CEPenworks Wrote: It is all fixed now with a new board. It was an interesting puzzle to put together but it works again.

Nice! 

----
See ya later,
Bill
(12-18-2020, 04:55 PM)CEPenworks Wrote: It is all fixed now with a new board. It was an interesting puzzle to put together but it works again.

Bravo.

It's increasingly difficult to nearly impossible to repair tools these days and keep them off the scrap heap or out of landfills.
(12-20-2020, 03:43 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Bravo.

It's increasingly difficult to nearly impossible to repair tools these days and keep them off the scrap heap or out of landfills.

Sometimes we just don't look for a do it yourself solution. I was recently able to replace the tachometer on my Milwaukee/Jessem router. A number of people told me the router was toast.
See ya later,
Bill
(12-20-2020, 07:38 PM)Bill_de Wrote: Sometimes we just don't look for a do it yourself solution. I was recently able to replace the tachometer on my Milwaukee/Jessem router. A number of people told me the router was toast.

I don't necessarily agree with that.

I think a lot of people attempt to.  What many discover is the economics of repairing a lot of stuff isn't favorable.   You spent the same amount as a new (relatively) drill.  More if you value your time at more than free.  For some people it's a simple equation. They aren't attached to nostalgia, or money, or an idea.

A friend of mine just had a dishwasher give up the ghost.  It's most likely the heater, a $400 part.  And the bill goes up if that's not the only thing wrong.  Which is hard to say until you crack the case.   Even so, she still has a 6 year old DW .  400 bucks gets her a brand new dishwasher tomorrow with a phone call or mouse click.
(12-20-2020, 08:16 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: I don't necessarily agree with that.

I think a lot of people attempt to.  

I do believe I used the word "Sometimes".  
Yes
Laugh
See ya later,
Bill

cool!  kinda had the same thoughts when i did mine.  was an interesting little project, and got to do some soldering, which i really don't do much.  
Crazy
CPO Outlets has factory reconditioned PS31 Kits for $64.99 (as of this morning).  I bought one for Christmas for my son (the price was $72.99 when I bought 3 days ago).  

CPO Outlets Factory Reconditioned PS31 Kit

I have been very pleased with their reconditioned Bosch tools.  I purchased reconditioned Bosch AC090AH-RT 9-Gallon Dust Extractor from them last year.

They also have the reconditioned drill/impact driver kit for $99.99: CPO Outlets Factory Reconditioned CLPK22 Kit 
(12-21-2020, 01:24 PM)Bill_de Wrote: I do believe I used the word "Sometimes".  
Yes
Laugh

yup,

and I said not "Necessarily" 
Winkgrin