Drill Press Table
I purchased the one shown below from Peachtree Woodworking 15+ years ago. At the time it was the only one they offered; came with an aluminum angle fence. While I've thought about upgrading the fence occasionally, it has served my purposes nicely and seems to have been a bargain. They now offer several different models, all competitively priced IMO. Were I in the market now I'd strongly consider them.

Drill Press Tables at Peachtree Woodworking

Doug
I've been running the Woodpeckers version for 15 years now. It works good. The short fence is mediocre. I've been contemplating their newer fence with integrated dust collection for a few weeks now. These days, the fence alone costs what I recall paying for the table and fence a long time back.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
(12-10-2020, 11:39 PM)lincmercguy Wrote: "This is one that I recently made."

Where did you get the fence and associated hardware?

The fence is Rockler 2-1/4" Multi Track, 36-inch, item #35605.
The brackets are 1-1/4" x 2" Multi Track Brackets, pack of 2, item #33338.
I think the T -slot track came from Infinity, however, you can buy that from many suppliers. The handles and knobs are from Amazon.
I used a router jig to to make the 20mm MFT holes because I have an assortment of MFT type clamps.

The table is 24" x 36" MDF. It is two layers of 3/4" glued together. I put three coats of shellac / sanding sealer on to help seal the surfaces.

The drill press is a circa 1960 Walker Turner ram type radial. I completely rebuilt it this past fall.

Regards,
Phil
I recently made one using the MicroJig dovetail router bit and clamps. Bought their slider kit for the fence and stop. Not as good as Woodpecker's but cheaper and probably just as functional.

The clamps can be used in all sorts of fixtures - see Derek Cohen's Moxon Vise. Check out MicroJig's website.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Whatever table you get I would strongly suggest a pair of Woodpeckers' Knuckle Clamps:

https://www.woodpeck.com/knuckle-clamps.html

These are my go-to clamps and they hold exceptionally well.

Lonnie
Mine..I do have an incra rail for a fence, doesn't get used very much.

Table is 2 layers of particle board with laminate. Riser is a particle board torsion box.

Ed

After 15 years of concentrating on hand tools, I have added a power tool and machinery page to my website. One article up already is on building the best drill press table I could design.

[Image: fence2.jpg]

Website: http://www.inthewoodshop.com/Powered%20T...Table.html

One of the novel features is the offset, circular zero clearance insert. Do not make any other type!

If you need a light, get a re-chargeable bicycle light ..

[Image: 4.jpg]

I also added the Wixey laser. Excellent.

[Image: Wixey1.jpg]

[Image: Wixey3.jpg]

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
This will probably sound like a silly question, but I'll ask anyway. What is the need for a drill press table?

The cast iron table on my Delta drill press has 2 parallel slots that support a fence. It also has 2 diagonal slots that support a hold-down or vise. 

What am I missing? 
Confused

--
See ya later,
Bill
Missing?

Table size

convenient fence positioning

convenient hold downs

zero clearance

Cast iron can dent wood

You can damage drill bits if poorly aligned.a

Cast iron can also mark wood.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
(12-12-2020, 11:49 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Missing?

Table size

convenient fence positioning

convenient hold downs

zero clearance

Cast iron can dent wood

You can damage drill bits if poorly aligned.a

Cast iron can also mark wood.

Regards from Perth

Derek

My table provides zero clearance and is unlikely to damage drill bits. The center accepts a 3 1/2 square, sacrificial insert.

The built in tracks provide for easy fence and hold down use, as I mentioned.

Jointers and table saws are predominantly cast iron and not usually problematic.

My table is 20" x 14" which might be a bit shallow. 

Thanks for the response Derek. I think you saved me a few bucks.

---
See ya later,
Bill