Intermittent lights
I have some landscape lights along my stairway that aren't sure if they want to work full time.  There are about 10 fixtures with a copper tone hood over a wedge base bulb like these-
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-Electri.../309603341
The bulbs just insert into the fixture bayonet style.

Just about every time I go up the stairway one or more of the lights will be out.  If I rap on the fixture like knocking on a door it usually starts working again.  The lights are about 10' apart and shed enough light I can usually fumble my way to the one that is out and give it a rap to get it going, but the wife and visitors don't know that trick and just stumble up the stairs in the dark.

Any idea how I can get these to operate more dependably?
we've got some lights like yours, and the bulb's the same, and i had those issues.  i replaced all those with LEDs  --  not available anymore, but you can find some others like 'em:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014V4...UTF8&psc=1

when i replaced 'em, i checked all the bulb connectors to make sure they would make good contact.  then, i gave the sockets a bit of a pinch to make sure there was a decent grab on the bulb.

i was replacing those old bulbs what felt like every other day  --  LEDs are just much better.  
Yes
We had problems with that type of light at the old house within a year or two of installation. Corrosion at the connections and light sockets seemed to be the problem. The LEDs are not in a socket and pretty much sealed from the elements so no corrosion problems. And draw a lot less power.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I had a similar issue with the old dual pin low voltage lamps in our landscape lighting.

Had. Since switching to LED, no more issues. They just work.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
So, are you guys saying that I can get wedge base LEDs that will work more reliably in the fixtures I have or am I hallucinating? 
Confused
(12-18-2020, 09:50 PM)Phil S. Wrote: So, are you guys saying that I can get wedge base LEDs that will work more reliably in the fixtures I have or am I hallucinating? 
Confused

well, probably not really if the lights are good when ya knock on 'em.  that's probably more of a fine-tune-the-connections kinda thing.  i've definitely seen some differences with the bulbs and their connections that need fixed up.  but, if you also have bulbs just blowing (which is definitely what i had), the LEDs are pretty great.  
Yes