Knife hinges -- Brusso vs. Sanderson?
Has anyone used Sanderson knife hinges? What are your impressions, especially compared to Brusso? Sanderson seem to sell smaller ones, so depending on design, that alone might decide it. Still interested in impressions though.

[Edit] If there are other quality makers, I would like to know about them.

Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I have used both Brusso and Lee Valley ones. They're identical in quality but you can find more choices at Lee Valley.

Simon
(12-16-2020, 04:04 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: I have used both Brusso and Lee Valley ones. They're identical in quality but you can find more choices at Lee Valley.

Simon

Thanks, I had forgotten about those.

The 5/16" straight ones are unavailable until May. 
Big eek
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Some other items on their site are also out. Pandemic restrictions, supply chain issues, and (supposedly) strong sales must have contributed to what we've been seeing in recent months. I really took their advice and shopped early.

Simon
Had never heard of Sanderson: interested in seeing other's impressions. FWIW, Brusso has a routing template for at least one size of L knife hinge: I could not find an equivalent on the Sanderson website.
(12-16-2020, 04:26 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Had never heard of Sanderson: interested in seeing other's impressions. FWIW, Brusso has a routing template for at least one size of L knife hinge: I could not find an equivalent on the Sanderson website.

Marking knife, double square, sharp chisel, router plane 
Smile
Best,
Aram, always learning

(12-16-2020, 04:34 PM)Aram Wrote: Marking knife, double square, sharp chisel, router plane 
Smile

Apologies: I forgot what forum I was in!
Big Grin
(12-16-2020, 04:41 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Apologies: I forgot what forum I was in!
Big Grin

I watched a random YouTuber building a cabinet. He was grumbling about sharpening his chisel to cut two knife hinge mortises because it wasn't worth detailing a special jig for his screaming router. I noticed pleasant music replaced router audio elsewhere.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
(12-16-2020, 05:44 PM)hbmcc Wrote: I watched a random YouTuber building a cabinet. He was grumbling about sharpening his chisel to cut two knife hinge mortises because it wasn't worth detailing a special jig for his screaming router. I noticed pleasant music replaced router audio elsewhere.

Smile
Best,
Aram, always learning

Curious why you want a knife hinge ?

I haven't seen those since the 70's.