Knife hinges -- Brusso vs. Sanderson?
(12-19-2020, 11:46 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: Curious why you want a knife hinge ?

I haven't seen those since the 70's.

I have some ideas for cabinets that would benefit from them. I like the way they look.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Knife hinges give you a nice clean unobtrusive look:

(12-19-2020, 02:37 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Knife hinges give you a nice clean unobtrusive look:

That looks very nice. Can you post a photo or 2 of the entire cabinet, and maybe the inside?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I refer to this as my Krenovian Chisel Cabinet:

(12-19-2020, 04:15 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: I refer to this as my Krenovian Chisel Cabinet:

That looks great. The book match shines.
Best,
Aram, always learning

Hi,

Sorry I didn't see this when if was first posted...

Sanderson hardware is great. I use their knife hinges all the time. They're beautifully made. I like them much better than Brusso.

Highly recommended.
(12-21-2020, 08:16 PM)Steve Altman Wrote: Hi,

Sorry I didn't see this when if was first posted...

Sanderson hardware is great. I use their knife hinges all the time. They're beautifully made. I like them much better than Brusso.

Highly recommended.
Can you elaborate in what ways the Sanderson's are better than Brusso's? I've used only Brusso and Lee Valley knife hinges, and they both are great quality goods with no play or blemishes of any kind. Their prices are almost the same.
Simon
Good enough.

That's a sweet looking cabinet.

I don't care for the hinge, but would have to say a euro or butt hinge would be awful on that.