So sick of this jointer, does anyone want this POS?!
I have a 8" Grizzly Jointer. 
This one:
https://www.grizzly.com/products/grizzly...ead/g0490x

I can not for the life of me get this thing to level. I've been at it for HOURS. I have watched numerous videos, read the booklet twice, even had the wife come out and try and help. I give up. Are there any experts in the Houston area who know how to do this? I live on the west side of Houston (Richmond). 

I'm at a complete loss. 

I've tried more than one straight edge just to make sure. 
I swear my outfeed table is completely correct to the cutterhead but I can NOT get the infeed table to accurate line up to the outfeed table. And even when I got close, every board I run on it gets a hill in the middle of the board.  ARGGGG!!!!

Sorry to vent, but I've been at this a LONG time. I'm seriously ready to just buy a better jointer. Any recommendations?
No immediate suggestions for you, but the people here who understand this better than me might have quicker recommendations if you clarify:

is the "hill" in the board side-to-side or end-to-end?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
When you bring the infeed table up so that it's at the same level as the outfeed, in what way are they not parallel?  And how much?

John
The hill is in the middle of the board. From end to end.

It doesn't rock left to right, it's like the board is dipping down. Almost like the outfeed table is dipped down. But I swear I got that thing level. Did I do it wrong somehow?
Oh and when I bring the infeed table up, the back (far right if I'm looking at it) is lower. But I can't move those little rocker knobs anymore to bring it any higher. I've turned them so much I've gone and broke some pieces off. Sigh.
Just a suggestion. Try again setting the outfeed table about 1/64" below the top of the cutterhead. I had a similar problem (different jointer) and after doing that and improving my technique I no longer have problems with the jointer.

For what it's worth if the board is not flat or concave, I consider it unjointable and use a track and the circular saw. There is no fixing that.
I have a 6 x 54 inch  Grizzly Jointer with Parallelogram Beds and Spiral Cutterhead.

I had a little issue when I got it and was getting frustrated. I called Grizzly and the advise I got wasn't what I wanted to hear, but worked. The advise was, don't try to correct the individual problem, but go back to square one and go through the entire alignment procedure.

An hour and forty five minutes later with a fifteen minute coffee break and I've been smiling for years when I turn on the jointer. 

You probably know this, but just in case, when feeding wood hold the board down on the outfeed table not the infeed table.
See ya later,
Bill
(12-17-2020, 06:33 PM)Bill_de Wrote: I have a 6 x 54 inch  Grizzly Jointer with Parallelogram Beds and Spiral Cutterhead.

I had a little issue when I got it and was getting frustrated. I called Grizzly and the advise I got wasn't what I wanted to hear, but worked. The advise was, don't try to correct the individual problem, but go back to square one and go through the entire alignment procedure.

An hour and forty five minutes later with a fifteen minute coffee break and I've been smiling for years when I turn on the jointer. 

You probably know this, but just in case, when feeding wood hold the board down on the outfeed table not the infeed table.

I've had a jointer for years but upgraded to this 8". Or at least I thought I've upgraded. So I hope I'm not feeding the boards incorrectly.
I'm pretty sure I just have the beds misaligned. I'll go though and do it all over again. Maybe I didn't do the outfeed correctly
Sad
(12-17-2020, 06:46 PM)themoon Wrote: I've had a jointer for years but upgraded to this 8". Or at least I thought I've upgraded. So I hope I'm not feeding the boards incorrectly.
I'm pretty sure I just have the beds misaligned. I'll go though and do it all over again. Maybe I didn't do the outfeed correctly
Sad

Good luck. In the end I think you will be thrilled with the results.

---
See ya later,
Bill
(12-17-2020, 06:06 PM)themoon Wrote: The hill is in the middle of the board. From end to end.

It doesn't rock left to right, it's like the board is dipping down. Almost like the outfeed table is dipped down. But I swear I got that thing level. Did I do it wrong somehow?

That means your tables are drooping. There must be a procedure in the owner's manual on how to correct that.  

John