So sick of this jointer, does anyone want this POS?!
I have that jointer.

Go borrow or buy an 8' level and some automotive feeler gauges.
Make sure the tables are aligned.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I don't have that jointer, but have a 12 inch with parallelogram beds, and I got it as a surplus seller  and spent many hours in frustration  ( I stripped one of the adjusting nuts and didn't realize that for a while )  I agree with the walk away for a while, and then start at the beginning of the procedure, then take it step by step making small adjustments.   I looked through the manual and did not see specs for flatness, but suggest you start in the .005 feeler gauge -  If you try the procedure with .002 or even .003, you may find they are smaller than the machining tolerances, in which case you will be chasing your tail. Once you think you have the tables coplanar, run two boards one after the other, then hold them up to see if you have a hump in the middle, if so, try lowering the outfeed table a hair and repeat. If you have a divot at the rear of both, the outfeed is too low.
(12-17-2020, 08:07 PM)barryvabeach Wrote: I don't have that jointer, but have a 12 inch with parallelogram beds, and I got it as a surplus seller  and spent many hours in frustration  ( I stripped one of the adjusting nuts and didn't realize that for a while )  I agree with the walk away for a while, and then start at the beginning of the procedure, then take it step by step making small adjustments.   I looked through the manual and did not see specs for flatness, but suggest you start in the .005 feeler gauge -  If you try the procedure with .002 or even .003, you may find they are smaller than the machining tolerances, in which case you will be chasing your tail.  Once you think you have the tables coplanar, run two boards one after the other, then hold them up to see if you have a hump in the middle, if so, try lowering the outfeed table a hair and repeat.  If you have a divot at the rear of both, the outfeed is too low.

Ok, I got it. After a zillion hours, I got it running like butter. 

And honestly, I dont' even know what I did to fix it beyond just keeping at it until it was completely level. I did redo the outfeed table and Jteneyck was right about it drooping. I think I had the level on the entire outfeed table and not really on the cutter head. Or at least that's my best guess as to why it was having issues. But once I got that, I redid the infeed and everything is working as it should now.

Please tell me this is for the life of this machine and I never have to do this again. lol
Thank you everyone who replied. I appreciate the support and informative replies. Great community. Thank you!! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.
(12-17-2020, 09:33 PM)themoon Wrote: Please tell me this is for the life of this machine and I never have to do this again. lol
Thank you everyone who replied. I appreciate the support and informative replies. Great community. Thank you!! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Just double check that everything is tight and you should be good for a long time. I did mine about 8 years ago.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

---
See ya later,
Bill
Yes,  life of the machine, or until you move it,  whichever comes first.   You could check it every few years if you wanted, but as long as the results are good ,  no need to check.  With the index carbide head, you should not even need to adjust the outfeed table again.

BTW, now that you have it done, I will be over Saturday to take if off your hands.
Glad you got it fixed to your satisfaction.  Persistence and patience usually win.  

John
(12-18-2020, 06:59 AM)barryvabeach Wrote: BTW,  now that you have it done, I will be over Saturday to take if off your hands.

Oooo, yeah, I did say that didn't I. 
Uh, so, here's my address:

123 Nottinurlif Drive
Elmendorf, Alaska

Happy travels!
(12-18-2020, 05:15 PM)themoon Wrote: Oooo, yeah, I did say that didn't I. 

123 Nottinurlif Drive
Elmendorf, Alaska

Happy travels!

Again,  when I did mine ,  I probably worked on it 8 or 10 sessions before I got it working right ( in part because I stripped some of the adjusters and didn't realize it, and in part I got it as a surplus and it must have knocked around a bit ) and by the end,  I was not really thinking clearly.  I  think something similar must have happened to you because in the first post you were on the west side of Houston .  I am not all that strong on geography, but I don't think that is anywhere near Alaska.    I will be heading to the west side of Houston in a few minutes and will be listening for the sound of a 8 inch jointer running smoothly
(12-18-2020, 05:15 PM)themoon Wrote: Oooo, yeah, I did say that didn't I. 

123 Nottinurlif Drive
Elmendorf, Alaska

Happy travels!

Road trip!!
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(12-17-2020, 09:33 PM)themoon Wrote: Ok, I got it. After a zillion hours, I got it running like butter. 

i assume the price went up now?
Big Grin