Electric chainsaw excessive clutch wear
(01-01-2021, 06:07 PM)EdL Wrote: I've ran the m18 Milwaukee, very impressive for a cordless saw. No comparison between the Milwaukee and the 20v DeWalt (I have one), the red one is far superior.

Ed

Hey Ed:

Do you think the Milwaukee is sufficient for occasional cutting of wet and dry wood rounds for lathe blanks?  I don't expect the rounds would be bigger than I can move so maybe up to 24" diameter.

Thanks
24" is going to be a lot for that saw. It has a 16" bar on it.

Given enough time and patience (let the saw do the work) it should do it. You'll want some big batteries for it!

Ed
Craftsman 16" is a very good electric chainsaw. I've been working with it for 4 years already and haven't had any problems. Maybe you need a complete repair? If you have enough money I would recommend you to buy the same model. I've read a lot of articles about chainsaw and still haven't found anything that would be better than Craftsman.

However, chainsaw in not the only tool that is important in woodworking process. I've recently found an interesting review at https://mitersawjudge.com/best-scroll-sa...ing-guide/ about scroll saws and realized that I really need this tool in my house. I've already purchased DeWalt DW788 as it has many useful options.

Cheers, Joey