nightstands
A few years ago Woodsmith Shop program on PBS had a series of episodes including segments on building a Green and Green hall table. I enjoyed the episodes, and figured I'd build one. I made a few modifications to the design, and built a slightly smaller version in Walnut to use as a side table in my living room. I followed up by building a pair of nightstands in cherry, and realized part way through the build that I'd made a mistake on the dimensions, and the units ended up about two inches too wide to be used as I'd hoped. I ended up selling them, and have now started building a second, downsized, pair. The picture included here is one of the original pair that went to their new home today. 

I saw that episode and have the issue of Woodsmith that has the hall table. I also planned on building one, being held up by my access to lumber. Anyway, I love that adaptation you did, that is spectacular, and the use of cherry is really, really nice. I'll have to re think what wood I want to use. Well done!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Beautiful work. I know you had no problems on selling those.

I am currently finishing up a pair of nightstands. Ready for them to be done. Don’t think I could start back in on another pair immediately.
John
Nice work! Love, Love ,Love the reverse taper legs and through tenons.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
WOW what everyone else has said those are 5 star
Very nice! (extra characters)
Wow. Amazing work.
(12-19-2020, 07:14 PM)thewalnutguy Wrote: A few years ago Woodsmith Shop program on PBS had a series of episodes including segments on building a Green and Green hall table. I enjoyed the episodes, and figured I'd build one. I made a few modifications to the design, and built a slightly smaller version in Walnut to use as a side table in my living room. I followed up by building a pair of nightstands in cherry, and realized part way through the build that I'd made a mistake on the dimensions, and the units ended up about two inches too wide to be used as I'd hoped. I ended up selling them, and have now started building a second, downsized, pair. The picture included here is one of the original pair that went to their new home today. 

Is it me, or does that handle look like it is on backwards?????   How do you open the drawer??
Dumber than I appear
(12-21-2020, 08:09 AM)Dumb_Polack Wrote: Is it me, or does that handle look like it is on backwards?????   How do you open the drawer??

that's the way the handle was in the plans, although the woodsmith table was wider and had two drawers with each drawer having only one half of the handle. Grasp any portion of the handle and pull to open. 
https://www.woodsmithplans.com/plan/gree...all-table/