How do you set up two table saws in your small shop?
My PM66 is my now my dedicated ripping saw with the Incra fence. I just picked up a Unisaw that will be my cross cut sled saw with no fence. I have a small shop so I need ideas on how to utilize them intelligently space-wise.

I have an outfeed table already built for the 66 but am happy to change it around. I'm not against casters on the Uni but would prefer not to.

Your solutions?
Semper fi,
Brad

I've seen the sidebyside saws bolted together, even different brands bolted together.
Guess I've never cared for the concept.
Back when I did have 2 saws, I kept a dado on the lesser saw. My main saw did all the ripping and cross cutting, which it still does.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Geez, a PM 66 and a Unisaw in the same shop? Excuse me if I don't feel sorry for you!
Winkgrin
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
How would I set up two tablesaws in my shop?

One on the top of the other.
Smile

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Fred,

My 66 was free years back and the Uni was $290. Can you blame me?
Semper fi,
Brad

But seriously, the only reason I bought a second saw was because switching between blades is becoming detrimental to my process now that I'm building for money. If it weren't for that I wouldn't even have considered a second saw.
Semper fi,
Brad

Set up the crosscut saw as your out feed table for the ripping saw?
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
I'm thinking that but I think the Uni is about 1/4" taller than the 66. Once I clean the machine oil out of the mating surfaces (seller put it there to protect against rust) I'll get a good measure.
Semper fi,
Brad

Typical setups I've seen are side to side or back to back though nothing says you have to attach the two together.
(12-22-2020, 09:37 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I'm thinking that but I think the Uni is about 1/4" taller than the 66.  Once I clean the machine oil out of the mating surfaces (seller put it there to protect against rust) I'll get a good measure.

Shouldn't be too hard to raise the shorter one. 

---
See ya later,
Bill