Rusty Table Saw, Planer, Jointer and Drill Press
Hi,  I have woodworking equipment that I have not used in quite a while.  It has been sitting in the garage, buried away and neglected and rusty.  I would like to get get it to someone who can clean it up and make use of it.  If I can make a little money, great.  If it can go to a charity, then that would be even better.

I am not wanting to restore the tools before selling but just want someone to pick it up so there is more room in the garage.  I feel bad that I have allowed it to happen to these tools but life events occurred

I have a Grizzly drill press, a Grizzly jointer, a DeWalt planer, and a Jet table saw.  I am in Mesquite, Texas, just outside of Dallas if anyone is interested.
Generous offer - "good on ya" and good luck with the cleanup! "Life" does get in the way sometimes; don't feel bad, it's happened to all of us.

Doug
PM sent. + Seventeen
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
OK. I guess I can't send you a PM for some reason. I am currently visiting my parents in McAllen. I would like to buy your drill press assuming it is a floor model. What model is it? I can pick it up on the way home.
Thank you.

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(12-25-2020, 07:29 AM)6270_Productions Wrote: OK. I guess I can't send you a PM for some reason. I am currently visiting my parents in McAllen. I would like to buy your drill press assuming it is a floor model. What model is it?  I can pick it up on the way home.
Thank you.

It is the Grizzly G7944 Floor Model Drill Press.
Wow!
Very nice. I would love to have it - certainly with a donation that you could do whatever you would like.
We are currently visiting with my parents in McAllen. We should be heading North in a couple of days.
Could you send me a PM with coordination instructions, please?

Just got home from a South Texas vacation.  I met the nicest guy while on the way home.

It seems he had some rusty tools he needed removed from his garage.  We "talked" through PMs and I ended up at his garage.

Yep, I had to rearrange some things in my van.  It was worth it.  I picked up a really nice drill press and planer.  They are now sitting in the garage at The Armory.  Cleaning them will be easier than sanding the last box I built.  I should have taken a picture of the press when I unloaded it from the van, but already have it soaking in oil.  I probably will get a "already soaking in oil" picture in the morning.  I just know someone will say "Where did you get that drill press?" after they see it in my other shop.

They are sweet.  Unfortunately I did not have enough room in the van to get the jointer or table saw.  Somebody needs to pick them up.  The jointer is a great machine for anyone who doesn't already have one (and probably an improvement on the one most folks already have) and the table saw (from what I could see of it) would make any woodworker happy.

My wife suggested we make another trip down there just to get those two machines.  I don't know more than 1,000 miles round trip - probably not . . . but I sure wish I could.

(01-03-2021, 07:15 PM)6270_Productions Wrote: Just got home from a South Texas vacation.  I met the nicest guy while on the way home.

It seems he had some rusty tools he needed removed from his garage.  We "talked" through PMs and I ended up at his garage.

Yep, I had to rearrange some things in my van.  It was worth it.  I picked up a really nice drill press and planer.  They are now sitting in the garage at The Armory.  Cleaning them will be easier than sanding the last box I built.  I should have taken a picture of the press when I unloaded it from the van, but already have it soaking in oil.  I probably will get a "already soaking in oil" picture in the morning.  I just know someone will say "Where did you get that drill press?" after they see it in my other shop.

They are sweet.  Unfortunately I did not have enough room in the van to get the jointer or table saw.  Somebody needs to pick them up.  The jointer is a great machine for anyone who doesn't already have one (and probably an improvement on the one most folks already have)  and the table saw (from what I could see of it) would make any woodworker happy.

My wife suggested we make another trip down there just to get those two machines.  I don't know more than 1,000 miles round trip - probably not . . . but I sure wish I could.

That there is a stealth gloat to be proud of.
Yes
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(01-05-2021, 12:41 AM)iclark Wrote: That there is a stealth gloat to be proud of.
Yes

She was a good catch.

She often tells her friends all of the stationary power tools in my Shop.  She can name them . . . and their location in The Shop . . . with no problem.  She even remembers the ones I forgot I had.  (I can't even remember the last time I used my scroll saw.)

I think part of that is from before she retired as a Kindergarten teacher.  She would bring her class to The Shop for a field trip.  I would impress them by showing them what the neighbor's walnut tree (all Kindergartners know what a walnut tree is) would look like after being sawn into a board and then run through the surface planer.  It is easy - and satisfying - to impress young kids.

She would bring them to my Shop, the radio station, the grocery store, and then back to our house.  We would cook for them and then they all got a gift (Cup and Ball - cuz folks that age need to work on their hand and eye coordination) from The Shop before going back to school.

She was always Mrs. Productions . . . and I was Steve.  They would tell their parents that they had been to "Steve's House".  
Laugh

Here are pictures of the Grizzly 6" jointer and the Jet table saw. I also have a Penn State dust collector.

Attached Files Image(s)