Source for slip stones?
Where do you like to buy slip stones?

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Hi,

Water stones or oil stones? I prefer the latter since they hold their shape forever. For oil stones, I’ve bought from Tools For Working Wood. For water, several places like LV. You can also make your own slips of basically any profile with wood and sharpening film/paper. That can be very effective. LV also sells wooden slips that give you shapes (rounded though).

Hope that helps.

Kevin
(12-28-2020, 10:15 PM)Aram Wrote: Where do you like to buy slip stones?

Thanks in advance.
Shars has a few ......

https://www.shars.com/catalogsearch/resu...lip+stones

Also check Ebay...put these words in search and scroll down...here's a good deal!!!!!!

machinist slip stones vintage
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Although I've not bought slips yet, for new, Sharpeningsupplies.com has been good to me.

Hmmmm, working on a new project?  Perhaps another cabinet?  This is about right for the next challenge.
Big Grin  

Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
Congress Tools has many (100+) shapes and sizes.
DAMHIKT.
Thanks, everyone.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Tongue 
I like to buy them at yard sales, because they're cheap there.  But they're not common.