What is your favorite Miter Gauge?
What is your favorite Miter Gauge?
I like my Incra 1000SE. Have had it for well over 10 years; the only aftermarket miter gauge I've owned.

I still occasionally use the gauge that came with my SawStop. I have a long fence attached to it. I keep the Incra set up for use on the left side if the blade. The OEM gauge is set for use on the right side of the blade.
I'm looking at the Jessem. Have the Jessem router table, lift and fence as well as the wheels on the table saw fence. All are well made.

Have the Kreg but I bent the guide bar when I tripped and need to replace.

Rich
"Have a very small amount of things to work with." Henri Cartier-Bresson
Wxman and I are on the same page --INRA 1000SE.
I use the Incra V27. It was pretty cheap and very accurate. It doesn't have all the detents for even angle but I haven't really used it for much other than 90 degrees.
(12-29-2020, 09:21 PM)richtes Wrote: I'm looking at the Jessem. Have the Jessem router table, lift and fence as well as the wheels on the table saw fence. All are well made.

Have the Kreg but I bent the guide bar when I tripped and need to replace.

Rich

I don't own one, but I've used the jessem miter gauge several times on a saw belonging to a shop. It's solid and heavy compared to most other miter gauges I've used. There's no play on the flip stop or with the extension bar. Because the fence is aluminum, every time I use it, I double check that nothing of it will contact the shop's sawstop blade.

If you're getting one, use 1/2" thick ply, not 3/4" that's given in the manual, to make the sacrificial fence. The miter gauge owner used 3/4" and found that the stop on the extension has little left to catch the work. Once chewed up, he plans to make a new fence with 1/2" ply.

Like any jessem products, it's pricey, but the quality is there. You get what you pay for. It certainly is not for everyone.

Simon
Another vote for the Incra SE1000. I've had it about a decade and love it.
Semper fi,
Brad

(12-29-2020, 09:00 PM)dog2bert Wrote: What is your favorite Miter Gauge?

I have a Incra 1000 and a Woodhaven..both old both excellent..THE Woodhaven is dead nuts on if you want preset indexed angles, but I dont know if they are still in business..
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Incra 1000 here, plain jane model. I made a fence out of plywood and T Track. One of the things I like about the Incra is that I can have multiple fences if I want them.
(12-29-2020, 09:00 PM)dog2bert Wrote: What is your favorite Miter Gauge?

I've been using the Incra HD with sled. 

Incra Miter Express | Rockler Woodworking and Hardware

--
See ya later,
Bill