Finnicky Jessum lift
I have a Jointech branded Jessum router lift, bought in 2003 or 2004 I think... before Jointech went away.  I had to replace the adjustment drive belt several years ago, and it was fine when I used it last week.  Yesterday... no workee.  
Angry  So after about three hours of fiddling, cussing and browsing a similar manual, quite by accident I noticed the teeny set screw that holds one of drive pulley thingies tight to the shaft.  It was loose, and therefore spinning freely around the shaft.  Doh!  Sometimes it's the simple things.  
Laugh
Yup. The simple things can drive one to drink. (it's a relatively short trip here)

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
My Jessum lift with the cogged belt gets really stiff when lowering the router once in awhile. I just reach under the table and pull down on the router a little while cranking the raising / lowering handle. I am afraid of lubing the slides as to attract wood dust.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
We have enough problems w/ set screws on pulleys for CNC gear that I remove them and replace with cap-head screws, so I can get a little more purchase on tightening them.
(12-30-2020, 04:53 PM)KC Wrote: I have a Jointech branded Jessum router lift, bought in 2003 or 2004 I think... before Jointech went away.  I had to replace the adjustment drive belt several years ago, and it was fine when I used it last week.  Yesterday... no workee.  
Angry  So after about three hours of fiddling, cussing and browsing a similar manual, quite by accident I noticed the teeny set screw that holds one of drive pulley thingies tight to the shaft.  It was loose, and therefore spinning freely around the shaft.  Doh!  Sometimes it's the simple things.  
Laugh

The important, sometimes overlooked, take away from this post ... always rember ...

Without the cussing, you never would have solved the problem! 
Dodgy

Have a Happy New Year Everybody! 

---
See ya later,
Bill
(12-31-2020, 01:25 PM)Bill_de Wrote: The important, sometimes overlooked, take away from this post ... always rember ...

Without the cussing, you never would have solved the problem! 
Dodgy

Have a Happy New Year Everybody! 

---

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Pardon my spelling.  It's Jessem.