Freud Glue Line Blades
I really like my Freud Glue line rip blade. Less aggressive than my Amana 20 tooth on 1'" and thinner, but the Freud bogs a bit in thick stock. That may not be a valid comparison--as the Freud has seen a LOT more ripping than the Amana.
earl
(01-05-2021, 10:33 AM)rschissler Wrote: My go to blade is a Freud P410 Fusion, 40 teeth.  How can a 30 tooth blade be considered glue line or glue ready?  A higher tooth blade should give a smoother finish, right, and I would think that a 60-80 tooth blade would give the smoothest finish? Or is the thinking that a 24 tooth blade is standard, so a 30 tooth makes it glue ready?

This holds true for cross cutting, but not for ripping.  I can't explain the physics and blade tip geometry involved, but the smoothest rip cuts come from from blades with fewer teeth.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(01-05-2021, 10:33 AM)rschissler Wrote: My go to blade is a Freud P410 Fusion, 40 teeth.  How can a 30 tooth blade be considered glue line or glue ready?  A higher tooth blade should give a smoother finish, right, and I would think that a 60-80 tooth blade would give the smoothest finish? Or is the thinking that a 24 tooth blade is standard, so a 30 tooth makes it glue ready?

I have the fusion blade in a thin kerf and it does give smooth cross cuts and pretty smooth rips but the real issue is burning. Maple already is easy to burn when cutting and with this blade it is just as bad since it is not a true ripping blade. It also has a different grind then the 24th and the 30 tooth blade.