Beadlock heads up, if using as a doweling jig
I know, should probably be using mortise and tenons...
Using a beadlock device for doweling multiple pieces together, and first time using one. Simple, right?
Until I realized that the thumb screws that hold the drilling guide in place actually can loosen, throwing things off just enough to really tick me off...
If the device is being used for loose tenons, as designed, would most likely be a non-issue...

More of a rant acknowledging/admitting my naivete, but if I can learn from this experience, there may be others that may as well...
Is the project salvageable?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yes, thanks for asking...fortunately I was paying attention to the holes and picked up on a slight difference pretty early...kept my eyes on it from there on. Could have definitely turned the project into kindling...
just curious . . . is that the "original" style beadlock, or the newer version??

i've got the original one, and i could definitely see that happening.  last time i used it my fingers were sore from tightening / loosening it so much.  
Laugh
If you drill adjacent holes the jig can shift making for a sloppy fit.

I have learned to drill the two outside holes first.  Then shifting will not affect the fit. 

I have both the beadlock jig and a mortising machine.  I rarely use the mortising machine.

I also have a couple of different types of doweling jigs.  My choice of joinery depends upon my mood.  I have no clear preference over the three choices, though I only use my pocket hole jig for face frames (mostly).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(01-05-2021, 08:12 AM)arthropod98 Wrote: just curious . . . is that the "original" style beadlock, or the newer version??

i've got the original one, and i could definitely see that happening.  last time i used it my fingers were sore from tightening / loosening it so much.  
Laugh

Original...I was thinking of changing the factory tightening knob to one with "wings", for better leverage...
(01-05-2021, 08:56 AM)brianwelch Wrote: Original...I was thinking of changing the factory tightening knob to one with "wings", for better leverage...

the original is pretty hard to beat for working with just about anything.  the little sandpaper trick adhered to the back is a big helper too.  
Yes