Delta HCM Model 14-650 Type 2 Fence Locking Assembly stripped
Hi,

I've owned this for a number of years and this weekend it seems I stripped the hole where Fence Locking Assembly screws into. (see the picture)  Not the screw itself, but the hole it screws into.  

I checked ereplacements.com and the column itself is discontinued.  I have a tap and die set, but I don't want to bore the hole any larger otherwise the Fence Locking assembly screw will be loose.  (This weekend I ended up putting a C-clamp on the bar to hold the fence in place but as you can probably guess, this only prevented it from coming out too far).  I could push it in however, mis-aligning my mortises.  I guess I could put a clamp on the inside of the bar, but doing this for multiple mortise locations could get old pretty quickly.

So a couple of questions:

1) How can I rethread the whole to the same size?

2) Anyone got a site for Delta HCM replacement parts?

3) Anyone have an unused Delta HCM they want to part out?

4) How would you fix my issue?   Thanks!

Attached Files Image(s)

Dumber than I appear
Helicoil?  Guessing the thread is metric.

Stripped Thread Repair Kit Rethreading Recoil Helicoil Repair Tool Set Metric M5 M6 M8 M10 M12

Amazoo Link

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Was thinking the helicoil too.  Or just tap it larger and get a larger screw.
Yea, heli-coil. Auto parts houses have the kits with the taps.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Yep, another vote for a Heli-coil.
S.E. Alabama, formerly from Wisconsin.
'Nudder vote for the helio-coil. It will best easiest, quickest, and best way to repair. 

I once needed to fix a stripped hole in a leg assembly. Manufacturer had a new leg assembly and it would take about 7-10 days to ship/arrive.  Found a helio-coil kit at the local NAPA (12 miles round trip) for 'bout $20.00 and had the job completed in about an hour.