Rockler 1250 CFM wall mounted DC
Does anyone use the Rockler 1250CFM wall hanging DC for a whole shop dust collector? My shop is only 350 sq/ft and I will probably be running no more than 2 machines at a time and most of the time a single machine. Do you have the system set up to piping or just the retractable hose? If possible can I get some pictures of your set-up?
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"
I have yet to come across a shop owner who's happy with his DC system when piping is used. Even those who have a 3HP DC complain about theirs (loss of suction, blast gate issues, etc). If you aren't getting a 5HP DC, skip the piping.

Simon
I might be an exception. I use a 1 HP wall mount (Powertec, but they're really all the same). Originally it did nothing more than run to the Dust Deputy and then to the planer (using mostly sheet metal piping with some flexible hose). 

As of now I have split that and have the table saw connected along with another branch for the jointer and lathe. I don't get good volume on the lathe without closing all of the blast gates. The planer and table saw are fine even with most things open. I also have plans to run something over to the other side of the shop where the band saw and miter saw are, though I will need some sort of hood or shroud for the miter saw. It's also probably too far away to get good volume with this collection system anyway.

I don't have any pictures (I can take them if you really want) but I use HVAC sheet metal pipe as much as possible with flex hose elsewhere. I do plan to upgrade to a 2HP collector soon (probably my next purchase) so I can worry less about the blast gates. But all in all I view dust collection as an assistant, not a way to achieve zero dust in the shop. My setup works very well for that, and it is admittedly not the most well-planned implementation.
I have the original Rockler unit (750cfm?) and drag the hose from machine to machine using the Dust-Rite handle. Hose is hooked to a trash bin separator with a Woodcraft lid. It handles the Grizzly 17" bandsaw, RAS, and DW 735 planer. I have the sucker plugged into a radio receptacle for a remote start. Works well for me (admittedly minimal needs.)
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Thanks guys for the feedback.
Grant

"GO BUCKEYES"