Small side table
I haven’t built/posted anything in a while so here’s a small side table I just finished on commission for the neighbor. It’s 30” wide, 12” deep and 26” tall. I built it that size per her specifications, however the design is mine. It’s walnut with English Chestnut stain and 4 coats of water base semi-gloss polyurethane. It took over 48 hours to build, most of which was doing all the curves. The lighting was difficult, so the colors aren't quite right in the photos. Thanks for looking...

Very nice!

I like the curve of the legs.
Nice clean work there.  Very well done.  

John
Beautiful work, she should be happy with it..

Bob
i like the table and your finish just rocks
well done
Beautiful! Very nicely done.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Love the detail on the edges of the uprights.  
Yes   Is it 'tippy' at all?   Based on a couple I've made, I always worry about skinny tables... and there's a couple that need building.
(01-10-2021, 10:45 AM)KC Wrote: Love the detail on the edges of the uprights.  
Yes   Is it 'tippy' at all?   Based on a couple I've made, I always worry about skinny tables... and there's a couple that need building.

It’s not really ‘tippy’. It will wiggle a bit if you do it intentionally, otherwise it’s very solid. The legs have three inch wide full length mortise and tenon in the foot and the top mounting piece and each top mounting piece has 6 wood screws fastening the leg assembly to the top. I originally left a place for glue on the leg/top connection but found I didn’t need it.
(01-07-2021, 04:30 PM)wood-chips Wrote: I haven’t built/posted anything in a while so here’s a small side table I just finished on commission for the neighbor. It’s 30” wide, 12” deep and 26” tall. I built it that size per her specifications, however the design is mine. It’s walnut with English Chestnut stain and 4 coats of water base semi-gloss polyurethane. It took over 48 hours to build, most of which was doing all the curves. The lighting was difficult, so the colors aren't quite right in the photos. Thanks for looking...

Your neighbor should be very happy. Nice work!

---
See ya later,
Bill