Advice selling tablesaw
I have a G1023, 3hp saw I'm selling. Right now it has an incra fence installed.

It seems I don't have the original fence, so right now the option is to sell it with the Incra, and I'll buy a new Incra for the new saw.
Or I could sell the G1023 with no fence, and let the new owner choose.

I know it's hard to know what people might like, but figured asking your experience might be good.

Also, if someone has advice on used 3hp saw prices in good condition, I want to list it at the right price. 
Feel free to PM me that if you want.

Thanks again!
Coffee makes me cough. Should I call it coughfy?

How long of a time span between the sale and the next purchase?  Can you buy the new saw and then swap out the fences?  Otherwise, look for a cheap fence on Craigslist or other.  Or try your hand at making one...
I have the new saw now (SawStop Professional) that came with a fence. So I would prefer to keep the SawStop after it's removed.
I thought about just buying a new one, but figured if I was going to go that route, I wouldn't get my money back on it...potentially. 
And I don't know if buying a "clean" used saw, so someone can choose and install their favorite fence is the way to go.

I also don't know if the Incra is well enough liked. I mean, I love mine, but maybe others won't?

I love the Incra fence as well but I don't think most typical folks even know WTH it is. I would sell the saw minus the fence or pick up a used fence to install on it. As far as values how old is the G1023? That model number has been around a long time.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
There're reasons why you'd want to keep the sawstop fence; for one, when one day you want to sell the sawstop, you won't be in the same predicament as you're in now.

As for the old saw, I won't bother finding another fence for it, and would just sell it with the Incra. You'll lose some potential customers if you list the saw without a fence. Pretty much like selling a car without wheels. When I try to sell an old machine, my goal is always to get it out the door as quickly as possible. Money is a lesser concern to me. But your considerations may be different, and you may be willing to spend extra efforts on the sale.

If you're interested in keeping the Incra fence for your own use, then offer the saw with two prices, one with the fence and one without, and let the potential buyers decide.

Simon
I'd say sell it with the fence. You'll lose a lot of potential buyers by selling a saw without a fence installed. The price is hard to say... 3hp cabinet saw asking prices are all over the map here. Everything from $250 up to $2,200 if they have a wide fence and maybe router lift or something.
-brew
I doubt this will help much, but I just recently bought a 5hp 1989 Unisaw for $300. It went so cheap because it didn't have a fence, which I'm cool with, because it'll be a cross cutting saw.

This was just outside DC.
Semper fi,
Brad

You may want to list it with both options -- without fence or with fence -- and be prepared for this to come up in negotiation.

Do you need rails too, or just the fence itself?

If prospective buyer doesn't have a fence lying around and nothing great on local market, then good to know options for getting a fence.
e.g.,
  - buying the replacement incra

- grizzly fence
  - mule rip fence
  - very super cool tools
Thanks everyone for the advice.

Sounds like best option is offering it with options. And having a price for both with the Incra, or clean and they can buy their own.

And I'm set either way since I have a fence with the sawstop that is perfectly fine, and I can upgrade to Incra later.

It's an older G1023, but no idea how old. My guess would be 10-12 yrs old?
I've replaced the motor with a refirb, and it's running fine. 

Now to dust it off and take some photos with a bikini model. Any of you guys have bikinis and free on sunday?

(01-08-2021, 09:22 AM)Bryan Fowler Wrote: Now to dust it off and take some photos with a bikini model. Any of you guys have bikinis and free on sunday?

Oh no - here it comes . . . 
Uhoh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"