Just a Rant
I have had a Delta 36-979 table saw for 8-10 years and love it. Yesterday I was making some adjustments to the splitter bracket mounted just under the outfeed end of the ZCI. It took no more force on it than removing and re-tightening the mounting bolts and the cheap pot metal casting crumbled into 3 pieces and lots of crumbs. D_ _ _, I hate that crap. Fortunately, a replacement is available from eReplacementparts. $22.00 for another piece of crap. I've got lots of steel scrap and I know how to braze. I think I can make something a lot better. It just takes time.
If the pieces break easily, it might be the dreaded zinc pest. Impurities included at the time of casting that causes a slow deterioration to crumbling. If left alone long enough, you can easily crumble the pieces to dust with your hands.

U.S. solved the problem 100+ years ago. But as production shifted to China, the problem has returned.
John
Pot metal bugs struck again
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-08-2021, 11:58 AM)Willyou Wrote: I have had a Delta 36-979 table saw for 8-10 years and love it. Yesterday I was making some adjustments to the splitter bracket mounted just under the outfeed end of the ZCI. It took no more force on it than removing and re-tightening the mounting bolts and the cheap pot metal casting crumbled into 3 pieces and lots of crumbs. D_ _ _, I hate that crap. Fortunately, a replacement is available from eReplacementparts. $22.00 for another piece of crap. I've got lots of steel scrap and I know how to braze. I think I can make something a lot better. It just takes time.

I hear you and completely sympathize with you. "They don't make 'em like they used to" is alive and well these days. Although it will take time, my guess is that if you use your skills to make one yourself it will be as satisfying as working on a woodworking project. I always enjoy the challenge of fixing problems by coming up with designs and then building them. 

Good luck, 

Doug
who use to live in Mobile
Replacement part is on the way. In the mean time, I found a chunk of 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 3/16 angle iron in my scrap box. I was able to cut, shape, drill, and tap it where needed. No brazing required. It took a few hours with some trial and error because direct measurements were difficult. However, the result works as needed. I haven't decided yet what to do with the new part. I may just throw it into a drawer and keep it as it replaces the original part. Probably not worth the hassle to send it back.
Thanks for the encouragement.
(01-08-2021, 11:58 AM)Willyou Wrote: I have had a Delta 36-979 table saw for 8-10 years and love it. Yesterday I was making some adjustments to the splitter bracket mounted just under the outfeed end of the ZCI. It took no more force on it than removing and re-tightening the mounting bolts and the cheap pot metal casting crumbled into 3 pieces and lots of crumbs. D_ _ _, I hate that crap. Fortunately, a replacement is available from eReplacementparts. $22.00 for another piece of crap. I've got lots of steel scrap and I know how to braze. I think I can make something a lot better. It just takes time.

Be glad you can get the part. My the bolt on my 60's cir saw cracked earlier this year. Sears no longer sells most parts, and there was no place online that I could find one. Had to scrap it and get one of the new models, DeWalt Magnesium. Cuts nice, much lighter, but the foot is different, so all my "gadgets" don't fit, I have to remake all of them.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!